Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migration from BT. Help and advice please....

This is a discussion on Migration from BT. Help and advice please.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We decided to switch from BT , purely a cost thing. All the conversations we had with Sky, we checked ...

chrischambers10@btinterne is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migration from BT. Help and advice please....

We decided to switch from BT, purely a cost thing. All the conversations we had with Sky, we checked the length of time we would be without BroadBand. We were told app two hrs.

BT went off Monday tea time, its now Weds lunch and yes you guessed it, no BroadBand.

The customer NO service is a joke, just going round in circles, not even got the router yet.

Can anyone offer any tips on making Sky understand, I have no service...

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      SkyBroadbandSuck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migration from BT. Help and advice please....

You will just waste your time and cost yourself money with Sky Customer service, they are completely clueless.

Register at BT if you haven't and check your landline order status to see of this has been switched.

pmcg

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrischambers10@btinterne View Post
      We decided to switch from BT, purely a cost thing. All the conversations we had with Sky, we checked the length of time we would be without BroadBand. We were told app two hrs.

BT went off Monday tea time, its now Weds lunch and yes you guessed it, no BroadBand.

The customer NO service is a joke, just going round in circles, not even got the router yet.

Can anyone offer any tips on making Sky understand, I have no service...

Thanks
      Obviously SBB-SUCKS has some gripe with SKY but some people there actually do try to give a good service.

Anyway back to your queries from what i would imagine you are on the 5 mid-net package which is actually a special offer connect package reduced to 5 as your exchange will be LLU enabled soon.

The reason i have came to this conclusion is that anyone on the connect package do not get there router sent out until activation has taken place, strange and pointless i know but that's the way it works

SkyBroadbandSuck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tsman View Post
      Obviously SBB-SUCKS has some gripe with SKY but some people there actually do try to give a good service.
      I've not found them and the original poster said:

Only way I managed to get things sorted after being off line for 18 days was to speak to BT Wholesale myself and get them to fix it. Of course no one at Sky (that I spoke to) is prepared/capable of doing this and I don't see the point in keeping calling at a cost to get no further forward. Only thing this does is help fund the call centre.

pmcg