Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tier 3 Info - need some advice pls!

This is a discussion on Tier 3 Info - need some advice pls! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, after finally recieving a router that works (third time lucky!!?) I have connected to the net to find ...

dontuforgetthis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tier 3 Info - need some advice pls!

Hi guys, after finally recieving a router that works (third time lucky!!?) I have connected to the net to find it running very slow, (especially my emule downloads 2 -10 kb/s max!!). Checking my stats i realised that i was capped at 128 kb/s so rang sky several times to try and speak to tier 3 to get it un capped as they reckon my line is easily capable of the 8 meg i am paying for. However, obviously, i could not get through to tier 3 and have to wait for them to call me back!! Rang on friday afternoon when i had a ticket number issued, how long can i expect to wait for a call back realistically?? are they good at calling people back?? is it as simple a job as just un capping my line to make my connection quicker???

Any advice would be much appreciated as would anyone elses experience who has had this problem?

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 Info - need some advice pls!

yup its a simple job of uncapping your line, we will put it to what your line syncs at best without errors.

This is done normally within 5 working days of a ticket being raised.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok, so will that just happen or will they call me back? have heard reports of people waiting ages with no call? if i rang friday should i be called by this friday?

Thanks for the help.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you have had a problem. its usualy within 5 days, it can sometimes be longer but this is what is aimed for.

bsbageja is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NORTHOLT
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I also got a ticket number and waited for Tier 3 team to reply back but it didnt. It happened 3-4 times. Finally, I called Tier 3 team and had to hold the line for nearly 45-60 minutes each time to talk to them. I wish you should get a reply.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How did you manage to ring them??

PeterJenkins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashford Middlesex / Surrey
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am in a similar situation - paying for Sky Max but connection is capped at 128 kbps (2 x fast dial-up). What a joke people are paying for broad band but only get it, if they have the wherewithal to visit a bandwidth hungry site, say Apple - Movie Trailers and realize that there is a problem (the site is 99% unusable).

I've checked the Router stats and sure enough connection up and down is 128kbps. First e-mail reply from tech support was facile - check for spam bots, virus, too many computers sharing bandwidth, standard crap. This is despite copying and pasting the Router Stats page into the body of the e-mail.

Seriously, they chose to ignore what was handed to them on a plate and indisputable.

Background : I am a software engineer (DotNet) with considerable experience. I am renting a room temporarily whilst on contract and trying to sort out the broadband for the extremely non technical landlady.

The connection I get is by plugging the Router straight into the wall outlet sans the micro-filter. Connecting to the micro-filter prevents any connection at all.

Whilst on the phone to tech support they refused 100% to offer any support because I was not the account holder and did not know the password. This is despite the following:
      - the Router is in my room.
      - I am the only person using the connection.
      - I am the only technically competent individual that can answer the cretins questions.
      - I can tell him all of the Attenuation / Signal to Noise ratio numbers etc.
      - I have the account holders name, post code, home phone number, Sky Max account number, you name it.

DO NOT GET SKY UNLESS YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. RIP-OFF UK again. This is 100% no-doubt-about-it corporate policy, start at well below paid for bandwidth and only up it if the consumer kicks up a fuss.
      Last edited by PeterJenkins; 27-03-07 at 09:37 PM.