Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky has fallen at the first post.

This is a discussion on Sky has fallen at the first post. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My activation day is the 7th Sept, however I have no confidence whatsoever that my internet will be working as ...

TELEMETRY is offline Sky User Clan Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Sky has fallen at the first post.

My activation day is the 7th Sept, however I have no confidence whatsoever that my internet will be working as currently I have no way of connecting to the Sky system. To date I have no router and Sky cannot tell me when it will be with me, a colleague of mine Bucketheadbob is also in the same position and no we are not neighbours.
      Looks like Sky have bitten off more than they can chew, my son a Sky engineer is on line but he has never been able to access his email since day one, through the web or outlook, even technical cannot fix it, is this another broadband service to die before it reaches any respectable level of service.
      Shame on you Sky, you have *****d this one up.

2. Advertisement
      GPKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aylesbury
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Telemtry, I think you have hit the nail on the head "Sky have bitten off more than they can chew".

I wonder if they are holding back on / delaying signing more people up to the service whilst they try and iron out the issues. They desperately need to sort out all the tech issues (problems with connecting, email and performance of the Sky portal). They also need to either give their support people a load of training or employ more technically knowledgeable people asap. Otherwise they could end up damaging the Sky brand.

Regards
      Gary

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I have to say GPking, regarding the sky portal I agree completely! I have had an overall good experience of Sky BB as you already know, and I have no truoble accessing my email since activated, but the whole of that site and the mysky portal where you can mangae your account is dreadful. It is a mess of broken links and painfully slow to navigate. They really do need to look at it as the rest of their webpages do not seem to suffer such problems.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I tend to agree even though they did the right thing by staggering the amount of people that they invite to take up there offer, it would seem the problems that people are seeing with routers not showing up and from what I have read about the portal problems, maybe they should review there router policy and allow customers with there own routers to use them if even for a short time until they can get these delivery issues sorted and remove the portal untill its working 100%.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      If they did that, I think it would go a long way to generating some good will for the frustrated waiters. It would show not only are they aware of the problem, but that they actually care, about getting it sorted and lessening the impact on customers while Sky go through their bedding in period!

GPKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aylesbury
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      But I would argue that their tech support people struggle to support teh service with 1 router model. God knows what they would do if everyone was free to use whatever router they want.

On the other hand, I agree that they should at least allow people the option to use a different router with the proviso that Sky support may not be familiar with your alternative model.

For me, despite the problems I have had, I am grateful for a free new router, because my previous one was 802.11b As I've said before, I'm a tight git and like to avoid splashing out whenever possible Now, whose round is it? I'll have a DOUBLE thank you!

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      When I said that I never ment it to be anything other than a short term fix and I also think SkyBB should have a free phone number in the box and once the customer has received there router they could phone and inform SkyBB and that could then be logged onto the account.

My round

Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

EL_PRESEDENTE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      well i dont know about the sky portal problems but so far sky have done everthing right for me ( so far ) i ordered the 28th router came through the 31st letters and stuff 1st of sept tbh im not holding ut to much hope though that ill be actvated tommorow mainly due to many expieriances on here.

if anything my biggest problem so far is i keep looking at the lights on the router see if its enabled yet its realy distracting

brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It seems that there has been a small problem which has been due to a system glitch when not all the orders have been updated for routers, this has meant that batches and batches of these have not gone out, causing a delay. This has snowballed.

I have mine connected, yet i am still having small problems with the connections, had to speak to tier 3 again yesterday, however its new and all have to get used to small problems.