Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Help if your router has not arrived

This is a discussion on Help if your router has not arrived within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just to close off my own sorry tale, my router arrived today and I am now surfing away at 6.5Mbps ...

tdodd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Success!

Just to close off my own sorry tale, my router arrived today and I am now surfing away at 6.5Mbps for less than half the price I was paying to PlusNet for 2Mbps. I have been offered, and have accepted, compensation for the trouble I have experienced - 6 days without broadband and ~6 hours on the phone to Sky - and so I shall now shut up and enjoy my return to normal life.

2. Advertisement
      lommy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hi, i am also in the same position as many of you are, my line was activated on thursday, however no router, so I called up Sky yesterday and was told the router had been despatched yesterday and would be with my today, no Sunday...Just wanted to check if anybody knows if they actually deliver on Sundays, as i asked the friendly woman on the phone twice and she said it would be with me today...

nsviper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld (WSCUM)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Need to check
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Just to close mine off, kit arrived on the day after i went on holiday (argh).

Came back, plugged it in and it picked it all up ok.

AND, even after 18 months of b*tching to BT about only being on 512K, and then categorically stating i was too far from the exchange for anything faster, guess what? Sky is connecting AND DOWNLOADING (on Sky Connect so same wire etc, exchange not upgraded yet) at 1440K - FAN-tastic
      I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, i just want to know who's been drinking my pint!!!

Gallery...http://andy-stewart.deviantart.com/gallery

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well thats BT for you mate

Glad to see your getting better speeds and your happy long may it last
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Ricey155 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exhall, Coventry - CMEXH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      is joining sky whilst in its early days a good idea ??

activation date of 30th oct id have been offline a month cant wait any longer

got a new laptop ready and waiting for wireless

good link above with the email addy allcustomercareescalation@bskyb.com

soon as im on there getting some bullets to accept

juhauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southbank
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks
      First post here... At least I am not alone. Activation date 12 Oct, and still no router. None of the Sky Broadband staff could give me consignement number for Parceline ("I can't find you on the manifest" etc. I was also offered the 5 digit Sky order number several times, which was no help). Finally, one operator managed to find my Parceline number when it was too late - Parceline had returned the router to Sky. Apparently I had refused to accept it on three occasions (I was in on all three occasions Parceline supposedly tried to deliver, but nobody rang my intercom once nor was there ever a card left).

Have phone Sky provision every day since, and have been promised escalation and new router sent. Last Thursday they said it should be here by Friday or Monday at the latest. Phone this morning, and lady said it had not yet been sent. "The system had somehow missed you". So once again, I have been promised it will be here in 5 days. They can't give me consignment number, so I could make sure Parceline won't send it back again.

I am rapidly losing hope I will ever have my broadband again, been without now for exactly a month (as Sky could not migrate me from Freedom2Surf LLU). At least glad to read here people have been getting compensation, not sure how much to ask for a month's dial-up costs and daily 0870 calls to Sky.. not to mention all the paid work I have lost for not having broadband.

Absolute shambles.

Ricey155 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exhall, Coventry - CMEXH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks
      the sky world seems you either get it with no trouble or its major trouble ive considered cancelling my TV subs as well but thats just gonna hurt me rather than sky

hope it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by juhauk View Post
      First post here... At least I am not alone. Activation date 12 Oct, and still no router. None of the Sky Broadband staff could give me consignement number for Parceline ("I can't find you on the manifest" etc. I was also offered the 5 digit Sky order number several times, which was no help). Finally, one operator managed to find my Parceline number when it was too late - Parceline had returned the router to Sky. Apparently I had refused to accept it on three occasions (I was in on all three occasions Parceline supposedly tried to deliver, but nobody rang my intercom once nor was there ever a card left).

Have phone Sky provision every day since, and have been promised escalation and new router sent. Last Thursday they said it should be here by Friday or Monday at the latest. Phone this morning, and lady said it had not yet been sent. "The system had somehow missed you". So once again, I have been promised it will be here in 5 days. They can't give me consignment number, so I could make sure Parceline won't send it back again.

I am rapidly losing hope I will ever have my broadband again, been without now for exactly a month (as Sky could not migrate me from Freedom2Surf LLU). At least glad to read here people have been getting compensation, not sure how much to ask for a month's dial-up costs and daily 0870 calls to Sky.. not to mention all the paid work I have lost for not having broadband.

Absolute shambles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234