Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Help if your router has not arrived

This is a discussion on Help if your router has not arrived within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Wheelie Well I am pleased to see at least some movement on the router front long may ...

TimsterC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Routers and customer service

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Well I am pleased to see at least some movement on the router front long may it continue
      I got an activation date of Thursday 7th (last week), now after several phone calls (2 a day) I still have no router and ParcelLine have no record of a delivery to my address in their system.

Called Sky again today (Tue 12-Sep) and asked for this to be escalated (again) and for a consignment number of the router they are supposed to be sending me. At least I should be able to track it on the ParcelLine website then.

Here's hoping.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Welcome to the site TimsterC

Sorry to see you are having the same kind of problems a lot of or members have been having, seems you have things well in hand no though lets hope the tracking works and it shows up sooner rather than later.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

loafofbread is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stoneycroft
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      i rang parceline yesterday after sky said the router would be here on monday, but they had no parcel for my address. i then phoned sky and they told me that because they have a private contract (or something like that) with parceline, it will not show up on their system.

My line went active yesterday but im still online with my old ISP (pipex 1mb).

Here are the stats taken from my netgear router.

Downstream
      Connection Speed 8128 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27 db
      Noise Margin 11 db

Upstream
      Connection Speed 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 15.5 db
      Noise Margin 11 db

BTW i signed up for the connect package.

I also emailed sky customer services on saturday and have just received this back from them.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the misinformation that you have received.

At present, we are experiencing issues with the delivery of our broadband routers. I can advise that we are investigating this issue. I will contact you as soon as we have more information on the matter. I can advise that your line has gone active as of the 11 September 2006. After you have received your router, we will be able to consider a refund of your overpaid charges.

If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us on the address above.
      I have already been credited with 1 month Broadband Subscription. Dont know if ill get anymore

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It would seem that sky need to find another more reliable company to do there delivery's as this router problem has been going on for far to long.

Nice for them to give you a free month though

Good luck and hope it appears soon
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Got my router at 1pm today. Was dispatched yesterday, and labled as next day delivery. Fears of having an activated line with no router are now gone. As long as the activation date is going to be kept the whole process will've been flawless.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats very good news
      Ray

click here

nsviper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld (WSCUM)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Need to check
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Signed up for connect on 17th August, and 40 duly charged to credit card.

A week later, got a letter saying "there's a problem, contact us" - which I did - seems SKy said the MAC Code was incorrect, even though i triple checked it with BT. SKy tried again with code in uppercase (?!) - 2nd 40 charged to card.

Another week later, got another letter sayinh "there's a problem, contact us" - which i did - Sky said MAC code not right.

Fair enough, contacted BT, got a new MAC code and use-by date, phoned Sky back with the (again triple checked) code, another 40 charged to card, 1st one finally refunded 2 weeks late.

1 month down the line now, after 2 further phone calls, finally got the 2nd 40 refunded, and Sky person said if router didn't turn up on Fri/Sat 8/9 Sept then i would get one month free.

On Tuesday 12th my broadband (currently with BT) suddenly stopped working - checked router logs, CHAP authentication failed.

Phoned BT to check line etc, some (not very helpful) person said Sky had taken control of the line and i needed to talk to them!!

Phoned Sky to find out what the h*ll was going on. They've taken control of the broadband line, and still no router has arrived!

3 days now with no broadband (feel like my right arm has been cut off), still no sign of the damn router. And the annoying thing is, i already have a Netgear DG834G that i currently use instead of the sh*t one BT supplied, but i can't get the ID and pass from Sky to use my own kit!!!!

Someone want to volunteer to come round my house so i can hit them just to make myself feel better?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Welcome to the site nsviper

I have just read your post and I am really sorry to see whats been happening, I with I could give some advice that may help but as its a router delay now. If it would help call them again you will find an 0800 number on here that may take the pain away of paying call chargers http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/a/

Good luck and I hope its all working fine once you do get connected.
      Ray

click here

kebabman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

no router

Hi great site

i was activated on the 6th sept no router rang sky said it would be with me on 7th its now 14th guess what still no router phoned again today they have lost my order along with 3000 others and is being re ordered another 5-10 working days, for a company that want to be known as 1 of the biggest in the uk there service is a shambles....iam really gutted and feel let down...in hind site better the devil you no.......should of stayed with bt (the biggest company in uk)

chilli sauce boss

tdodd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If no router use AOL free 1 month trial

2nd September - placed order. Told I'd get the router in about 5 days and migrate in about 10 days.

11th september - no sign of router but see migration date of 13th on BT order status website. Phone Sky and get told migration will not happen then as BT are behind. I will be sent the router only when BT CONFIRM the migration date. I express concern and am told not to worry.

13th September - line gets migrated early morning. Still no router. Very unhappy. Phone Sky, get told more baloney about router having been allocated but not despatched and whereabouts unknown. Explain dissatisfaction and request 10 compensation for inconvenience, which they agree to.

14th September - haven't heard any more. Can't be bothered to keep phoning up to be given the runaround so I have Ghosted my C: drive to D: to preserve a clean image before installing a free one month AOL trial to keep me going until the router turns up. When the router shows I shall cancel AOL, Ghost my pre-AOL image back and carry on as normal.

I just thought I'd mention the free way of carrying on life even without a router for the time being, using a freebie AOL trial. Now it won't really bother me if my router doesn't turn up till next week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast