Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Been With Sky Nearly a Month - just got bill from old ISP !!!!

This is a discussion on Been With Sky Nearly a Month - just got bill from old ISP !!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I cannot cancel my direct debit, as I'm not actually paying by direct debit ...

Hogletia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Been With Sky Nearly a Month - just got bill from old ISP !!!!

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately, I cannot cancel my direct debit, as I'm not actually paying by direct debit from my bank account.

The payment comes from my credit card automatically every month. I've just phoned the credit card company and they've just told me that they are unable to cancel it and the only way to get it stopped is if Virgin cancel it!!

I've just logged into the Virgin home page, so my account must still be open.

The strange thing is that I was actually using the internet on Virgin on 25th April when it disconnected and refused to re-connect because my log-in details were no longer valid. As this co-incided with my Sky activation date, I assumed that Virgin had cancelled my service.

I've e-mailed them to confirm that I've cancelled it from today, but so far, no reply. I'll try the 5 day cancellation thing too - thanks!

aargh! it's just disconnected again - but that's another thread..

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,589 Posts

Re: Been With Sky Nearly a Month - just got bill from old ISP !!!!

The CC payments are tricky, you can't just cancel them. The only way to stop them taking money is to report your card lost and get another one. Whether this is worth the hassle is up to you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234