Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Waiting to be invited to join

This is a discussion on Waiting to be invited to join within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I "registered my interest" on 2nd August, again on the 20th, and received a flyer by post saying that SKYBB ...

ZZDave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hove SDHV
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Waiting to be invited to join

I "registered my interest" on 2nd August, again on the 20th, and received a flyer by post saying that SKYBB was now in my area (Brighton). Then I had a phone call from Sky telling me about BB, and at the time of the call - about three weeks ago, I was just about to go on hols, and asked them to send me all the info, but didn't sign up there and then.

I rang Sky a couple of days ago on the 0800 version of the 0870 number on the posters, to ask if I could now sign up, and they told me that all they could do was "register my interest" again. Ho-hum.

I am lucky enough to have two phone lines at home - on one I already have Pipex BB and do not intend to change this. As I'm a Sky Digital subscriber, I thought I may as well go for the "free" base service if only as a backup for my main BB.

Some questions for you knowledgable folk to ponder:

1. Are the two different ADSL services coming into my house in the same two-pair cable likely to interfere with each other significantly, reducing the quality of both (noise margin etc)?

2. Will I be able to use Pipex's "authenticated SMTP" server, that requires my Pipex username and password, on the SKYBB connection, or MUST I use SKY's SMTP server when I'm connected to SKYBB?

3. Can I keep my existing telephone call package (BT Option 1) on the line that would/will become the SKYBB ADSL, even though it'll be unbundled to Easynet?

4. How long can I expect to wait for SKY to offer me the service?

Thanks...

ZZDave

2. Advertisement
      Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      1. Shouldn't be a problem, I think.
      2. Don't know soz
      3. Yes
      4. Should be couple of weeks at the most if you were able to get a BAND number before.