Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

no adsl ip address cant connect to internet

This is a discussion on no adsl ip address cant connect to internet within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well Tier 2 tried a test whilst I was on the phone. Asked me if I heard a beep noise, ...

DJS Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: no adsl ip address cant connect to internet

Well Tier 2 tried a test whilst I was on the phone. Asked me if I heard a beep noise, I said no, I am told the fault is with BT and they will escalate it. I may have to wait 48 hours for a call back. I have college work to complete and need my home broadband or I miss the targets for completion. Anyone any ideas what the BT problem is that I couldn't hear a beep? Just curious. Thanks.

Dave

2. Advertisement
      mrmt32 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I finaly recieved my router today after many phone calls to sky (my line was activated over a week ago) but after connecting it up found error 300. After a few more phone calls and leaving the router off for an hour etc the problem is still there and apparently I have to wait for tier 3 to phone be back in "3 to 5 days". The number posted earlier in this topic to go directly to tier 3 seems to no-longer work; is there any other number I can try? I dont think I can bear dial-up for another 3 to 5 days (if it will realy only be that long). I have also tried using the sky contact form on their website but last time I used that I got no reply...

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi there, you can get directly through if you call tier1 and advise you have error code 300.

This is of course if the call volumes and hold time are low enough. otherwise its in the ticket que. if you allready have a ticket created let them know aswell

brennag is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Patchway
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is the problem I had with my router when it arrived, I logged a call, which got escalated to tier 3 (BT), and after 8 days the ADSL IP information was populated and I was able to browse the internet, but no callback to explain why there was a problem in the first place.

I don't think Sky are enabling internet browsing before sending out the router, but try convincing someone on the helpdesk that this is the case...

If there is no IP information in the ADSL section of the router and therefor you are unable to use the internet from day 1, log a call and wait for tier 3 to sort it, don't bother chasing it does no good and you will run up a huuuge phone bill.

mrmt32 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Phoned tier 1 again this morning and explained my situation and he put me through to tier 3 after a few minuites of waiting. Tier 3 said I needed to be put on ADSL 1 and switched me over. I didn't know that being on ADSL 2+ could cause error 300 but still, the internet works now.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

depends on how bad your line stats where really. but at least its working now

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brennag View Post
      This is the problem I had with my router when it arrived, I logged a call, which got escalated to tier 3 (BT),
      Huh? Tier 3 are not BT
      and after 8 days the ADSL IP information was populated and I was able to browse the internet, but no callback to explain why there was a problem in the first place.
      It may be that this has resolved itself and so no one has actually worked on the ticket yet, or it could be that they reconfigured your line, couldnt get hold of you after 3 callbacks and closed the ticket.

I don't think Sky are enabling internet browsing before sending out the router, but try convincing someone on the helpdesk that this is the case...
      That's because it is entirely incorrect. The ports are activated when the line is activated and unless they have been disabled for a specific reason they will remain open, all that is then required is for a modem to be connected to the line with a valid username and password. If the port is disabled you would get no sync whatsoever, if you have sync then provided your line is configured correctly you will be able to browse, they do not turn off browsing capabilities ever.
      If there is no IP information in the ADSL section of the router and therefor you are unable to use the internet from day 1, log a call and wait for tier 3 to sort it, don't bother chasing it does no good and you will run up a huuuge phone bill.
      The lack of IP address is probably down to a config or setup error which is interfering with the passage of data, why would tech support make more work for themselves?

joe1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ryton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Hello sorry I haven't kept you updated.
      New router arrived...still same fault, tier 3 have logged a equipment fault with BT on sunday and I'm waiting for that now to be resolved so..
      Router arrived on 13th March
      Supposed connection on 17th march
      new router on 14th April
      Refered to BT engineer 15th April
      Still no broadband 19th April!!!

joe

joe1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ryton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

update..

STILL NO F***ING BROADBAND!!!!

I was told that BT will manually cap my line and check the exchange...
      my lines been capped at 576/288 with still no joy

What do I do now, I'm close to tears dealing with this level of incompentance

joe
      Last edited by joe1978; 24-04-07 at 09:56 PM.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It sounds as if you're on Connect, Tier 3 can't help you here. You'll be dealing with Tier 2.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast