Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

no adsl ip address cant connect to internet

This is a discussion on no adsl ip address cant connect to internet within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, phoned T3 this morning (about 7ish). Seems I have had a stale session at the exchange for the last ...

ForToffee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Farnborough
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: no adsl ip address cant connect to internet

Well, phoned T3 this morning (about 7ish).

Seems I have had a stale session at the exchange for the last week. The tech reckoned the authentication had failed due to poor line (was seeing lots of CRC errors apparently, my noise ratio was around 7db at the time).

He cleared the session and capped my line at 4Mb (was topping 4.7, but had seen it drop to just above 4 after a while anyway). The capping increased the noise ratio to around 12db and apparently the rate of errors has dropped.

Oh, the number I called was 02070326352, which takes you direct to T3 apparently. The chap that answered didn't query me, I just asked for an update on my support ticket and went from there.

He also said that calling at that time of day is best if you want to talk to T3.

Good luck!

Oh, and if the tech I spoke to lurks here.... THANK YOU!! I mentioned SkyUser and you acknowledged its existance

2. Advertisement
      joe1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ryton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Good news!!! I'm at work just now but I'll be phoning them on that number after 8pm tonight to get mine sorted. Thanks for the update ForToffee, keep us posted how the connection goes.

joe

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got the exact same problem (for the 2nd time) last time it took them 12 freaking days to sort it. I will be on to that number as soon as I get in tonight. (unless some kind T3 bod on here can sort it before I get home)

Phillipines are useless I hate having to speak to them.

"Hi how can I help you?"

"I have error code 300 can I speak to tier 3 please"

"<silence>"
      "Can you goto the router homepage for me?"

"Yes I can, yes I have, and it is error 300, tier 3 need to sort it, it's happened to me before"

"On your router page can you do the following...."

At this point I start punching the wall.

Eventually after 20 mins of him going through his script like the dummy he is....

"Ah yes, error code 300 (no sh1t sherlock) I will raise a ticket and you must wait 5 days, thanks for your call goodbye" <CLICK>

f$£$" WA£%$£%
      Last edited by Draig; 30-03-07 at 02:59 PM.

CityFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hulme Hall
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

spoke with tier 3 direct through that 020 number, they noticed something. said it might be a problem with the mac address not allowing me to get an ip. he passed it to networking and said i'd be contacted within 48 hrs. this was saturday about 4pm.......

stainy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForToffee View Post
      Well, phoned T3 this morning (about 7ish).

Seems I have had a stale session at the exchange for the last week. The tech reckoned the authentication had failed due to poor line (was seeing lots of CRC errors apparently, my noise ratio was around 7db at the time).

He cleared the session and capped my line at 4Mb (was topping 4.7, but had seen it drop to just above 4 after a while anyway). The capping increased the noise ratio to around 12db and apparently the rate of errors has dropped.

Oh, the number I called was 02070326352, which takes you direct to T3 apparently. The chap that answered didn't query me, I just asked for an update on my support ticket and went from there.

He also said that calling at that time of day is best if you want to talk to T3.

Good luck!

Oh, and if the tech I spoke to lurks here.... THANK YOU!! I mentioned SkyUser and you acknowledged its existance

I had the exact same thing!! I called today ( Easter Sunday )
      said I need my connection for my business!! I need it working.. I got through to tier 3 and yes had the stalled session business.. he fixed it in 2 mins..
      although my www access bums out on me every now and then ( usenet and email still ok ) but www craps...

ho hum

Jecht is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've been reading most of the threads in this post as I have the same connection issue with what I made a seperate post for un-knowingly; anyway - not to same dumb, but I just wondering what tier3 actually is, just some sort of technical support? I see here some people have managed to get it sorted through there and I've had the problem for nearly 3 weeks and sky have been useless so far; so is it worth giving the number posted a few threads up a try?

Thanks everyone ^^, very helpful thread. Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

joe1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ryton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Tier 3 are the ones who know what they are doing, usually.
      roughly...
      Tier 1 : setup problems ie not really technical (sky error 100)
      Tier 2 : connecting problems (sky error 200)
      Tier 3 : Line stats and speed issues (sky error 300)

if this is wrong somebody will correct it.

BTW BT offnet support are sending me a router as of 5/4/07. We'll see when it turns up and if that solves the problem.

joe

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
      I see here some people have managed to get it sorted through there and I've had the problem for nearly 3 weeks and sky have been useless so far; so is it worth giving the number posted a few threads up a try?

It is worth giving the number a call but be prepared for a long wait. suggest you phone the numpties in the Phillipines 1st to get a ticket raised, then phone tier 3 to action it.

Waiting 5 days for tier 3 callback is **** poor, as they often (with this problem) refer it to BT ...and that is ANOTHER 5 days.....

DJS Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Well after 5 days I am having the same problem. My error is 100, but when I put in my old router it doesn't sync to the line. I've never had any problems before. I will be calling tier 3 today as I was told 3-5 days last night (which to me in unacceptable). What is the cooling off period because I think I'll be asking for a MAC and going back to Namesco. At least with them I get proper tech support when I make a call.

Good luck all.
      Last edited by DJS; 11-04-07 at 12:07 PM.

CityFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hulme Hall
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

mines working now, last info i got from tier 3 before it got activated was that my mac address wasn't on their list or something and needed to be added, a month for that......

just got to sort out my slow and erratic download speeds now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast