Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Check your activation day part 2

This is a discussion on Check your activation day part 2 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I can't really complain too much at least I still have internet access. I was estimated to get a speed ...

bvarsani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I can't really complain too much at least I still have internet access. I was estimated to get a speed of 18MB when I called to sign up. Is that possible or will sky cap the line to 16MB. I only live 140 meters ( As the crow flies)from my exchange. Here are my line stats. Are they anygood?

Line Attenuation: downstream 13 db, upstream 3 db
      Noise Margin: downstream 28 db, upstream 24 db
      Last edited by bvarsani; 05-09-06 at 10:30 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Paul10590 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      good stats, let us know what you connect @ should be interesting 2 see if they cap you or not... as i would expect over 16

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Will do. If I ever get connected.

Unregistered - Kit Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Angry Help!!!!!

I ordered on 21st August for my place in Watford. Got router on 23rd and letter on 25th saying i would be active on 1st September (i.e. migrating away from plusnet).

Excuses so far:
      1st sept 7pm - 'it can take up until midnight so dont worry'
      2nd sept 'our system shows BT are a bit behind with activation..should activated within the next 24 to 48 hours.
      4th sept 'our systems say BT are still awaiting to activate you line...we will escalate this further so BT take note'
      5th sept 'our computer says the order was put through on 28th of August and it takes upto ten dasy from then to actually activate the line..so it will actually be beofre 7th sept'

This is really ui**ing me off now..and the worst thing..i just tried that BT lanline order status site today (i.e. 3 days after my activation date according to sky correspondence) and there is a heap of old orders from when i first got my BT line installed a few months ago but not a single mention of any LLU order or even a cease of old ISP date....thus it gives the picture that BT are not even aware of any line activation order by Sky.

It just feels like Sky are lying to me the whole time and I am getting really depressed. Why the hell do they promise an activation date if they cant deliver. Pretty certain my current ISP is about to pack in next week as it will have been 30 days from the mac request date and will probably be left in limbo with no internet. WANT TO THROTTLE EVERYONE I TALK TO AT THE CS CENTRE. Will try the provision number i saw on this forum tomorrow and may well give a bash at talking to BT wholesale about what the hell is going on but get the feeling they will only deal with sky and not going to talk to me the end user. Any help?

TELEMETRY is offline Sky User Clan Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have my orders on my BT account for LLU activation on the 7th Sept and deactivation of my current service on the 12th, fat lot og good though as I have no router???????????????????????

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I called back today so far I have had the same excuses as telemetry. Wait till 12am, BT have a backlog we will chase BT tomorrow if you still don't have a connection.

hinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thurnby
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Got my password and activation date today, so far so good. I should be connected on 13/09. :-)

DarkTunde is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm getting rather hacked off myself now...

My activation date was Sept 4th, and by the time I went to bed at 1am this morning, still no connection

From 10:30pm till 12.30am, I was on the phone to SKY Broadband Technical support.... now I am a very patient & polite person, but after spending over 45mins on hold, listening to annoying repetitive music, I was struggling not to direct my very sour mood at the lady on the other end of the line trying to help me...

Anyway, it seems I had some port trouble, which was then upgraded(?) to a problem with my exchange - in any case, I was informed the department that handles such issues were on morning shifts, so nothing cud be done, but they tried to placate me by saying an email wud be sent to ensure it was attended to this morning

Lets just say I wont be getting my hopes up yet
      I always say the truth... even when I'm lying

OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      are there any open orders on your BT tracker?

laulp5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My activation date was also due for the 4th but still nothing. I phoned up Sky yesterday morning and they said there was a 'problem' with something but did not clarify what that exactly was. There are no orders against my BT account according to their website - so does that mean BT are totally unaware of my order? I was told to phone Sky back in three days and they could give me a new activation date. My old ISP is still usable so I know I haven't been activated with SkyBB. I just wish Sky could give me any kind of information on what the 'problem' is. Is there any chance I could still be activated any time soon?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast