Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Check your activation day part 2

This is a discussion on Check your activation day part 2 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered on 31st August due to be activated 11th Sept. Today (13th) my order has just appeared on the ...

Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      I ordered on 31st August due to be activated 11th Sept.
      Today (13th) my order has just appeared on the BT tracker.
      Order placed 13th
      Activation date 20th sept.

So there are delays for many of us, but at least I now have a date, fingers crossed.

2. Advertisement
      tinx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax SDHRSHM
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have just checked the order tracker and my activation date has been updated, I ordered on monday morning and haven't even received a letter from sky yet let alone the router and have already got an activation date of a week today int he BT tracker. Fingers crossed everythign I need arrives by this time next week now.

Chris818 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My activation day was due to be the 11th September. It was then moved to the 18th. My router arrived on Monday. I just rung this morning and was told that my line is not quick enough to run any of the SKY packages, despite them saying Sky Max was fine, and that the order has been cancelled.

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      First Activation Date : 1 Sept
      Second Activation Date : 7 Sept
      Third Activation Date : 12 Sept
      Fourth Activation Date : "Within 5 days from 14 Sept" as told to me this afternoon.

Blamed on BT who have a backlog
      Asked for 2 months free Broadband as compensation and they have given it to me.

My impressions? Good customer service from people on telephone, but absolute incompetence between Sky Provisioning dept and BT.

At this stage I can hardly recommend them...and have resorted to "borrowing" broadband from one of my daft generous neighbours unsecured connection.

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Was meant to be connected yesterday between 8am - Midnight but nothing even tried this morning and nothing, this is getting beyond a joke and phoning sky that is another headache.

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well this is my story so far...
      order on the 5th, activation for the 13th, thats has been and gone.
      I have a PROVIDE with bt for the 13th, and a CEASE for my current ISP on monday the 18th.
      If its not working by then I will have no conneciton.
      I called sky yesterday and they said they would call me back. They didnt.
      I just got off the phone to them now, and there system is down, but they will call me back tonight.
      If everyone elses story is anything to go im not expecting a phone, and im also expecting my CEASE to happen before the provide.

Oh well, heres hoping
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

bvarsani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amaboknaai View Post
      First Activation Date : 1 Sept
      Second Activation Date : 7 Sept
      Third Activation Date : 12 Sept
      Fourth Activation Date : "Within 5 days from 14 Sept" as told to me this afternoon.

Blamed on BT who have a backlog
      Asked for 2 months free Broadband as compensation and they have given it to me.

My impressions? Good customer service from people on telephone, but absolute incompetence between Sky Provisioning dept and BT.

At this stage I can hardly recommend them...and have resorted to "borrowing" broadband from one of my daft generous neighbours unsecured connection.
      I thought that I had it bad. Im 10 days late for activation now. BT tracker says it will be done today. 1st activation on the 5th. Which exchange are you with?
      Last edited by bvarsani; 15-09-06 at 02:33 PM.

Sky's The Limit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Whats the Chances

Things seem to be going to plan....but I am however a little confused.
      I am migrating from BT Yahoo Broadband. I ordered from Sky on Mon 11th Sept. I got a letter from them on Wed 13th Sept (is this the only letter to expect ?). The letter states an activation BY 21st Sept.
      I was beggining to doubt all this due to the post I have read. Yesterday 14th Sept my Router arrived. So I am thinking ' hang on' despite all of the bad I have ready mine seems to be on track. Still no letter adivising me of email password etc, does this come by way of another letter, or is this an omission or error by Sky.

No orders showing yet on BT Order Tracking (will there/should there be). So what's the chances of getting ceased and provided by the 21st Sept as my one and only letter from Sky advised. How will I know when its all done. Will my connection to BT Yahoo Broadband dissapear before hand or simultaneous to getting sky ??

Will keep you posted on activation progress, speeds etc.
      Last edited by Sky's The Limit; 15-09-06 at 02:54 PM.

rtddci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Connection delay

I had my router box installed yesterday 14th Sept by the Sky engineer as arranged as part of the 10 a month package. I also received a letter the same day from Sky (dated 10th Sept) stating there is a problem with our order (and they had been unable to contact us by phone, which is strange as we have an ansaphone and no messages have been left) and to contact the 08700 248 930 number. I suspect we all know the problem with getting an answer on that number and after several expensive attempts gave up. Luckily I found the 0800 051 0317 number on this forum and have managed to get through today (15th Sept ) to be told that the order has had to be resubmitted to BT and that it will take another 10 days before I can be connected. Luckily I am still connected to BT Yahoo broadband so have internet access.
      Last edited by rtddci; 15-09-06 at 03:17 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456