Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky killed my line by not using my MAC code ...

This is a discussion on Sky killed my line by not using my MAC code ... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After over 4 weeks without BB , and no hope of ever seeing BB from ANY provider I think I ...

skyrdrivingmeinsane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky killed my line by not using my MAC code ...

After over 4 weeks without BB, and no hope of ever seeing BB from ANY provider I think I know what went wrong.

I subscribed to Sky and Sky BB on the internet. I cut and pasted my MAC code from the Pipex email into the Sky orderform, and a couple of days later I was given 23 Feb as a handover date from a letter from Sky. The Sky engineer came out on 1 March and gave me my new Sky router.

I could not get SKy BB and something strange was on the modem connection screen - I had a BB connection - 1MB (same as Pipex co incidentally) but no IP address from Sky and so could not connect.

After hours on the phone with Sky, BT and even Pipex, it looks like Sky just "dumped" an LLU on my line without using my MAC code. Hence Pipex remained on the line also. So I have 2 connections - Pipex and Sky - but neither work.

I know that Sky did not use my MAC code cos BT Wholesale told me, and also last week I entered the very same MAC code from Pipex to join Demon.

Demon accepted the code, and in theory on the 19th I will move over to them. However BT Wholesale have told me this is unlikely given that Sky still have a marker on the line. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So the question is, where can I find out more about the protocol Sky should have used. ie they should have used my MAC code and did not. But is there any guidance for me to find for how Sky should have used my MAC code.

Also, what is the easiest way for me to find out in a written form (email or web) what the situation is with my line?

ie who can confirm in writing to me that I have IPstream BB and Sky BB on my line?

I need this info, because I have already tried to get sky to remove the marker from my line, and failed. I see some people wait months. If I can get it in writing at least that should help speed up the process.

Finally why would Sky not use my MAC code and manually LLU the line?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Josh01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky killed my line by not using my MAC code ...

this happened to me got activated on the 5th as planed BB went down on the 9th, very unhappy, tech were no use so did some homework and found my ADSL line was ceased got back to sky on the 10th to let them know what had happened but now one wanted to know even though I had proof that my adsl line had being ceased. Still the usual from sky could take up to 5 days for someone in T3 to call back. Enough was enough on the 10th cancelled sky as BT wholesale had confirmed no tag or BB on my line ordered Be unlimited up and running on Be on the 16th. Get a phone call from sky to say that there has being an administration error with their third party installers and BT wholesale and they are now looking into sorting it out. Funny takes them longer to get back to me than it takes me to order an new service with Be. Also what was so funny was that even though I tried to tell them what was wrong and with the attitude of their staff that when I said that I will cancel and order a new service all from T1 to customer service to provisions said its not possible as they have my line I said no you don't no one has my line its clear BT wholesale have even confirmed this some one in CS even laughed at me and said if I want a service I just have to put up with it. That was the last straw. Cancelled and 6 days later up and running with Be.

I too came from Pipex.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky killed my line by not using my MAC code ...

I'm hoping that Be enable my exchange soon, up to 24 Mb looks very impressive and I live extremely close to my local exchange so i should get the full speed.