Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ending Sky 12 Month Contract - Moving Home / Poor service

This is a discussion on Ending Sky 12 Month Contract - Moving Home / Poor service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Here is my situation.. I am currently in the process of moving out of my home where i have ...

NiPsTeR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ending Sky 12 Month Contract - Moving Home / Poor service

Hi,

Here is my situation..

I am currently in the process of moving out of my home where i have had sky active for 6months (tv + inet) to the gf's and her parents who has had sky for years now. Phoned sky and informed them i am moving and they said its not possible as the current customer (gf's parents) have to cancel there contract before i can move in.

As this is not an option where do i stand as the property where i am living will become emtpy.

The broadband has gotten to a point where i simply turn it on once or twice a week to see if its improved because the service is vpoor - phone technical support so many times informing them of the problems - they apparently pass it on 3rdline and i hear nothing....

I have spoke to the manager and the option was to leave the installation active on the address and let the contract run out (WHILE I AM STILL PAYING FOR IT MIGHT I ADD) and anyone who moves into the property will simply not be able to have sky... I commented back surely that breaks the contract as i am not living on the premises also i cannot see you turning down a new customer....

Please Note: There is not a BT line also at the property where i am moving.

What can i do ?

I look forward to your replies.
      Last edited by NiPsTeR; 18-03-07 at 11:45 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Ending Sky 12 Month Contract - Moving Home / Poor service

the current customer (gf's parents) have to cancel there contract before i can move in.

So Sky are entering the property letting market too?

I doubt if Sky will leave their supply connected to a house where the person who signed the contract no longer lives. It would probably be illegal. However, if you signed up for a 12 month contract, they will probably be within their rights to expect the contract to be completed or paid in full. You would have to check the T&Cs of the contract you signed.

You say that your gf's parents do not have a BT line, I thought that this was a requirement for any Sky service? Were you hoping to move your broadband on to their Sky? If they do not have a BT line you will not be able to do it.

Josh01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiPsTeR View Post
      Hi,

Here is my situation..

I am currently in the process of moving out of my home where i have had sky active for 6months (tv + inet) to the gf's and her parents who has had sky for years now. Phoned sky and informed them i am moving and they said its not possible as the current customer (gf's parents) have to cancel there contract before i can move in.

As this is not an option where do i stand as the property where i am living will become emtpy.

The broadband has gotten to a point where i simply turn it on once or twice a week to see if its improved because the service is vpoor - phone technical support so many times informing them of the problems - they apparently pass it on 3rdline and i hear nothing....

I have spoke to the manager and the option was to leave the installation active on the address and let the contract run out (WHILE I AM STILL PAYING FOR IT MIGHT I ADD) and anyone who moves into the property will simply not be able to have sky... I commented back surely that breaks the contract as i am not living on the premises also i cannot see you turning down a new customer....

Please Note: There is not a BT line also at the property where i am moving.

What can i do ?

I look forward to your replies.
      Why don't u get a bt line put into your GF's place and migrate to the new number, this might even help your service on you BB dont then conect you sky box. this might work fair enough you will still have to pay for you tv packet but at least u will be able to use your BB, thas anothe reason I was not happy having bb and tv tied together. Now wih Be.

NiPsTeR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

The gf's house is not possible to have a BT line connected to the house so that is a main problem...

Also there TV package is actually higher than myself so i can even believe sky suggest this as they will be losing money..

I should be getting a call soon to see if anything else can be resolved in this matter.