Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

A question about MAC codes...

This is a discussion on A question about MAC codes... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I wont bore you all with my situation, but let's just say the customer service SKY have given me ...

captainrentboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A question about MAC codes...

Well I wont bore you all with my situation, but let's just say the customer service SKY have given me so far leaves A LOT to be desired. Anyway after 4 weeks of phonecalls we finally seem to be getting somewhere, I ordered Sky Max with them and am finally getting the router and what not sent to me early next week, according to their phone clowns sadly our line will not be activated for another 14-17 days after we recieve the gear (Even though 2 weeks back we were told our connection would be ready to go from the 21st ..) this i'm willing to accept as I'm a bit bored of ringing them, but the problem that I see coming about is that the AOL MAC code I gave them way back on March 4th when ordering their service is due to expire on the 23rd of March, so my question is are MAC codes only used as part of the initial set-up by Sky and has therefore already been used and all is good, OOOR is the MAC code actually used on the day of line activation? Which will no doubt mean the one I've already given them will be out of date by the time they get around to using it, if that's the case I'm guessing i'll just have to get another one from AOL and give sky the new one yes?
      Thanks for any help guys and girls

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: A question about MAC codes...

MAC keys normally are active for 30 days, did you hang on to it before passing it to Sky? If you have been disconnected from AOhell, then the key has been used and you have nothing to worry about on that score. If you have not yet been disconnected, keep your fingers crossed that Sky will apply it before it expires. I have read some real horror stories about AOhell and MACs, but I will not scare you with the details.

captainrentboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: A question about MAC codes...

I've got to be honest, so far the only company giving me massive grief with this switchover is Sky, AOL actually (and luckily by the sounds of it) gave me my MAC code fairly easily, with only some slight attempts on my phone call to try and pursuade me to stay with them.
      Thanks for the reply though, what you're saying then is the MAC will be used on the day Sky switch the line over?
      Which judging by their curent service means I'll have to get another bloody MAC code next week