Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Urgent help required please - new activation

This is a discussion on Urgent help required please - new activation within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, My activation date was Monday 12th March. However my line did not activate and SKY wouldn't do anything about ...

GillyB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect , which is pants!
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Urgent help required please - new activation

Hello,
      My activation date was Monday 12th March. However my line did not activate and SKY wouldn't do anything about it until 3 further days went by. I spoke to someone this morning and they told me that BT had discovered a problem on my line and it could take upwards of 3 weeks to resolve. Needless to say I wasn't happy. Anyway, around 12pm to day I noticed that the internet light on my netgear router was green so I tried to connect to the internet and hey presto I got through. Then a little later my phone didn't work and I could not access the internet, however the internet light on the router is still green. I've checked BT wholesale and the order is now marked as completed. But I still cannot connect to the internet.....HELP!!!!????

What is going on?

Thankfully a neighbour is letting me use their broadband connection to post this.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Urgent help required please - new activation

Hello,

Following my earlier post I have done the following:
      rebooted the router, still shows green internet light
      rebooted my laptop

Result, still unable to browse the internet.

Would really appreciate any help if a member of SKY staff read this.

Thank you.

ps. I was hoping my ISP problems would be over by joining SKY. I was one of the affected customers of the Netservices/Biscuit/V21 dispute. In November my internet page was 'hijacked' by netservices following their dispute with Biscuit/V21 and was 'coerced' into signing up with netservices preferred supplier EzeeDSL. Because I then had a 'bad time' (their ADSL managers expression) with lack of any customer service I have been allowed to migrate away and not complete my 12 month contract. I do so hope I don't have the same problem with SKY. Please restore my faith in an ISP and help me.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I hope you problem is fixed soon but I don't know if anybody on here can help you as only BT and Sky can sort this problem out.

UndeadDevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Silly question but you are using the Sky (Netgear) router? It sounds like it doesn't have the username and password on it. Also the fact your phone line wen't dead sounds like a dodgy microfilter.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi,
      Yes, am using the SKY Netgear router. A short while ago I spoke to an engineer and he said that even though the internet light is green on the router there is still a problem at the exchange that BT will have to investigate.
      But I appreciate your help and advice. I just hope this resolved soon, I am so cheesed of with the whole situation.