Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Really Need Help

This is a discussion on Really Need Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok been reading around here for a few days and the sites very helpful. Just hope some one can help ...

myskysucks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wmbur
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Really Need Help

Ok been reading around here for a few days and the sites very helpful.
      Just hope some one can help been on the phone to sky for over 1 hour and got no where, im sick of call centers and there scripts do they only understand yes and no?

Anyway just joined sky broadband and my broadband was intermittent so rang up turned out my broadband had been patched in wrong (4days ago). and they would fix the problem asp. However was back on later that night and only had slow speeds not a problem long as is it was on.

However today has been a joke so rang back to see if anything had been done. Well this is where its starts. For the 1st 20mins the women at the call center did not have a clue 1st she wanted know my operating system told her it was vista so that took another 5 mins while she looked it up then she comes back on the phone asking me to go in tools and look at my internet options. Just an EG of the questions she adsked.

(by this time I had lost internet completely) anyway after 15mins of running in circles I decided to reset my network adapter and this got my internet back however speeds were slow and this was my original problem. So she did her tests and agreed they were slow and that and needed to pass me to another department.

Then Another 5 mins later and I was passed to the hd department a very helpful women then passed me on to the right place 5 mins later the guy I spoke to now was named Eric he did not have a clue as well and seem only to understand yes and no and no matter what I asked just repeated what he last said. However after 55mins of been on the phone I had enough and managed to get him put me on some higher tier to deal with the problem and get a phone call from them in 48 hours

Anyway ive attached my stats from the router I just hope I get some help from here.

Sorry bout the long post
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Really Need Help-untitled2.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Really Need Help

Welcome to the forum

Good grief. Sky sure have capped you - 288kbps downstream! I wonder if this is intentional or whether there's an exchange/profile problem.

Did Sky discuss capping with you? Are you still getting problems (you say it was "intermittent")? I'd hope not with the noise margin you have.

Until Sky uncap you there's not much can be done to improve your speeds. You're faster than dial-up, but not by much.

If you post a clearer sequence of events that led up to the position you are in now we might be able to decipher what's going on.