Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

The Nightmare Thread About Sky....

This is a discussion on The Nightmare Thread About Sky.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Firstly Hi to all who uses this forum. I'm posting here as my last ray of hope to get my ...

Farmboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The Nightmare Thread About Sky....

Firstly Hi to all who uses this forum. I'm posting here as my last ray of hope to get my broadband connection sorted in one way or form.

It first started back in Jan when Sky was ordered, but then we decided to cancel as we found another ISP that suited more to our needs. So I emailed/phoned Sky to make sure the order of our migration was cancelled. they confirmed that it has been completed and such. On the 24th of Jan I tried moving to the ISP I wanted and shock error I cannot as I was still connected to Sky at the exchange.

So since the 24th of Jan Sky have been trying to cease my line (Not once asking if I wanted a MAC code before doing this). Since then there has been 2 cease requests to BT all being cancelled by BT because (they was unable to find the circuit ID). Now I'm on my third cease request to BT (waiting for them to call me back to say its been cancelled) as I have no hope that its going to happen. On top of this I returned the router soon as I cancelled the order to be moved to Sky, which means I dont have my username or pw to logon to the web.

So i've been on and off on a dail up since the 24th of Jan because of Sky being unable to cease the line (I dont know if their just passing the blame to BT for this one). I've also tried getting my username and PW from Sky with promises of it being sent through the post to me (which I didnt receive).

Has anyone got any idea what I can do here? as im completely lost.

2. Advertisement
      RasterMan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01582
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: The Nightmare Thread About Sky....

I'm in the same boat m8

I have been trying to get connected with Sky since Oct 06

Sky and BT have been messing me around since then! I have the router but each week I ring up to have the same excuse it will take another 7-10 days then finally on the 5/3/07 I get an activation date for the 9/3/07 but on the 13/3/07 I still have no connection so I ring them up and guess what?

The same answer again we are having problems it will take another 7-10 days to sort out!

By the time I get connected the world will already have had world war 3 and the
      world is ruled by martians

bristewart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: The Nightmare Thread About Sky....

Sky seem incapable of ever issing an LLU Cease correctly, leaving you in the position you find yourself in. There are many people who have hit the problem you have.

You need to call BT Wholesale (0800 169 0934, option 2) and ask them for the correct circuit ID for your line. Then pass this onto Sky TS Tier 2 and ask them to raise a BT order for an LLU Cease with that circuit id.

Or alternatively call Sky Line Provisioning (0870 0248929) and ask them to do it. That dept is supposedly dedicated to line ceases and re-activations. But I found Tier 2 to be the most helpful with the random LLU Cease problem that I had last week. Details of that can be found here:

ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thx alot for the informative response I shall try that in the morning and get back to you on this thread. I cant believe their unable to do a LLU Cease without the requirements of the customer getting all the info for them. Thx again !

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok a new cease request has been put through with the Circuit ID. fingers crossed :s