Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MAC Help

This is a discussion on MAC Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yeah I was thinking that I would do that once Iím connected. Don't have much confidence that Sky will let ...

saf
      saf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: MAC Help

Yeah I was thinking that I would do that once Iím connected. Don't have much confidence that Sky will let them know or that AOL will listen they did.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      saf
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Sky still does have a problem with LLU macs - Orange (LLU only) for instance cannot be migrated. The other problem we experience is that there is no validation done when MAC codes are entered by sales, so time and time again, we see O's where 0's should be and so on.
      I'm told that the main problem which was preventing me from ordering was a system issue where when my order failed the first time because of incorrect MAC they couldnít clear it from the system completely and each time a new order was placed it would just cancel down automatically.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

i would advise strongly against migrating ISPs if you're in the middle of exam/coursework peroids as sod's law something will go wrong!!

had someone the other week - felt so sorry for them. Guy who had the phone in his name moved out of a share house 3 weeks before end of term/dissy hand ins, so one of the other guys got it put into his name.

what he didn't know is that negates all services on the line so would have to cease & reprovide for BB to work again. he was in fits!!!

as i said, felt sorry for the bloke, but it was their fault not ours so beware...

saf
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I was connected to Sky yesterday and everything is fine with the connection so far.

As was suggested in an earlier post I phoned AOL to ask for my account to be closed. They did this but at the same time raised a cease order on the line to have it disconnected; I found this by looking at the BT checker. I phoned Sky who said that AOL should not be placing a cease order and unless they cancel it my sky connection will be disconnected and I would have to reorder with sky.

I phoned AOL and finally managed to get them to cancel the cease order but they tell me that the account will remain open unless a cease order is placed. They cannot see any migration taking place and AOL still has a tag on the line even though I am now connected with Sky.

I phoned BT who confirmed that AOL still has a tag on the line and as far as there system shows Iím not connected to Sky. They also show a cease order for the 20th June but I cannot see this on the BT checker. I really donít know what to do because it seems that even though sky are providing the service they do not have a tag present on the line but AOL still does. AOL say that they cannot close my account and so stop billing me until the AOL tag is removed and the only way they can do this is to cease the line.

Anyone have any idea as to what I should do? I was expecting that as I am now being provisioned by Sky they would have a tag on the line and not AOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12