Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Be Patient!

This is a discussion on Be Patient! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, For those that have been following by SKY +, Multiroom, BB and Skytalk I am nearly there, the ...

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Be Patient!

Hi everyone,

For those that have been following by SKY +, Multiroom, BB and Skytalk I am nearly there, the only thing I waiting on is Sky talk to go live on Friday.

For those that are waiting on Sky Connect be Patient. the router is not sent until after BT say they will change the line over on the day Sky have requested. This acknoledgment can happen the day of the connection or after it and sky won't send the router until Bt acknowledge it. I went live last tuesday and the router arrived with me today (6 days lateR).

the process is like this:

1) call Sky to MAC code transfer to them
      2) Sky contact BT with a required by date
      3) nothing happens!
      4) still nothing happens (you still have your previous ISP)
      5) BT reply to Sky on the day of the transfer to say they have actioned the request and the transfer has taken place
      6) you are cut from the old ISP (mine actually happened next day) and you have no router
      7) sky process router request the day of BT's communication with them ,
      8) the request is actioned next day.
      9) Sky'd third party programming team, programm the router and then request Parcelline to collect
      10) parcelline collect and send it to your home address - regardless of where you want it to go - no fault of parceline, they send it where Sky tell them.

HINT on No10- Phone parceline and ask them to mark the drivers log to tell him where to put it. Leave a signed letter giving permission at this location, they will leave the parcel- AT YOUR RISK!

hope this helps.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Be Patient!

It is all very well saying 'Be patient'. Why do Sky have to cut you off from your existing supplier when they know dammed well that you can't connect again until you receive their router? This breaks their promise to switch suppliers in 30 mins to 3 hours! They have been going for several months now so surely they could sort out something better that this. I was assured I would receive the router in plenty of time for the switch over, but it now seems that this was, to put it bluntly a lie! The whole point of the MAC system is to provide a seamless switch, it appears that Sky do not bother to follow the correct procedure.

angstmann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor, Co. Durham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I also fail to see what on earth they are playing at in only sending out the router AFTER activation (Connect package) This will puzzle me for a long time until someone can sensibly give me an explanation. I was without internet for 6 days and although I have got over it now and am enjoying the service, it still baffles me that they do this. Particularly as I was told on the phone that it is their "policy" to do so! Crazy!

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's probably no comfort, but the reason Sky send out the router after activation is probably the same as Talk Talk's explanation for that policy. If they send the router out before activation, people plug it in and then ring to complain that they have no service.

Thanks

Be Patient! It looks like I will have to be!!! My connection to my previous ISP was ceased last night, no ADSL on the line. Give them their due I was reconnected to ADSL within 40 mins, but what good is that when I have not yet received the router I have not even received a letter telling me it was being done, no username no passport. Nothing apart from the letter telling me my phone was being changed to Sky Talk.

Post just arrived with a letter confirming my order, it contains a username but no password, but it does tell me I must remember my password as I will need it to log in. It seems I must phone a 0870 number to find it out

The letter is obviously designed for someone who has never had BB, as it says it could take up to 18 days for the line to go live. Surely by now they should have a provision for people who are migrating in? I just hope I am not making the biggest mistake of my Broadband life.

angstmann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor, Co. Durham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exact same experience as me. I was disconnected mid-afternoon one day and six days later the router arrived. It coincided with some time off from work which was a saving grace as I work from home and rely on my connection for work. Ringing up won't really get you very far, although it could confirm whether or not your router has actually been sent out, and they may be able to give you a parcel tracking number. Aside from that, don't even bother trying to get them to give you your username and password to use on your own router while you are waiting, as they won't/can't do it.

Once connected I am having a fairly postive experience so far. At its fastest, it is faster than any ISP I have ever been with. There is some shaping at times, but it isn't overly severe in my experience and is often just during a couple of hours of peak time per night. I hope you will be satisfied with the service once you are finally connected.

dave.mcdonald is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shenley Logdge Exchange
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have had the reverse experiance, but that might be due to us moving house so therefore not being connected before. Router arrived last night, 5 days after speaking to the sales person, now I just have a router sitting there in the corner all lights on except the most important one.
      Number searches seem to indicate that I have been unbundled, so hopefully my broadband will be enabled soon
      Still waiting on the activation letter too...

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave.mcdonald View Post
      I have had the reverse experiance, but that might be due to us moving house so therefore not being connected before. Router arrived last night, 5 days after speaking to the sales person, now I just have a router sitting there in the corner all lights on except the most important one.
      Number searches seem to indicate that I have been unbundled, so hopefully my broadband will be enabled soon
      Still waiting on the activation letter too...

This is because you are on MAx and not connect

I have not even received a letter telling me it was being done, no username no passport. Nothing apart from the letter telling me my phone was being changed to Sky Talk.
      Although not clearly mentioned if you have a MY Sky log in on the Sky.com - Home website try the same password on Sky Broadband - Home with your e-mail alias on your letter as your username.

It worked for me.

Thanks

I have had the reverse experiance, but that might be due to us moving house so therefore not being connected before. Router arrived last night, 5 days after speaking to the sales person, now I just have a router sitting there in the corner all lights on
      That is what I just don't understand. If you have not had BB begore there is a chance that your line may have problems. Why send out the router until your line is confirmed? In the case of migrating, the line has been 'proved' so there is no need to hold back the router. I am getting really peed of with dialup after over 5 years on BB.

SkyBroadbandSuck is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am getting really peed of with dialup after over 5 years on BB.

Me too but I'm more ****** off that:

1. Sky told me I'd be down for a "short period". Confirmed again when I called their sales line as a "possible new" customer AFTER they switched me off.
      2. Their Customer Service people are clueless.
      3. It costs money to call these clueless idiots and 2 of them have told me "calls to Sky are at Local Rate".
      4. I'm still paying Tiscali.
      5. Did I mention Sky Customer service being crap.
      6. Still No Router, No Letter.
      7. I've had to pay for a Dial Up account.
      8. Oh and Sky Customer Service are........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast