Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Considering migrating to sky

This is a discussion on Considering migrating to sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am a sky freesat customer and like all the other freesat users I have been offered Sky pay tv ...

bluetooth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMTET
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Considering migrating to sky

I am a sky freesat customer and like all the other freesat users I have been offered Sky pay tv for half the

ongoing price for 12 months. This is very tempting offer as for another 10 I can also have the LLU max broadband

as well (my exchange is Sky enabled). I am seriously considering migrating to sky.

It will help me greatly if sky LLU broadband users can answer the following questions...

1) I am on the CMTET exchange, any other users here on this exchange and what is your experience with sky

broadband on this exchange (Speeds, Contention any other problems)?

2) What is the cheapest sky pay tv package to subscribe to , to get the 10 LLU max broadband?

3) Minimum contract is twelve months, If I need to cancel after this, can I give cancellation notice after 11

months, giving one months notice (May be better broadband from others availble at that time). Also if I do

not need the tv package after 12 months is it possible to just continue with the broadband?

4) As I will moving from adsl Max to LLU do I get a MAC or I do I just cancel my present ADSL connection?

5) The netgear router that is supplied by sky do I have to send it back if after 12 months I decide to cancel

my contract with Sky?

6) Provide any other useful information?

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Considering migrating to sky

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
      1) I am on the CMTET exchange, any other users here on this exchange and what is your experience with sky

broadband on this exchange (Speeds, Contention any other problems)?
      Cant help on that one

2) What is the cheapest sky pay tv package to subscribe to , to get the 10 LLU max broadband?

3) Minimum contract is twelve months, If I need to cancel after this, can I give cancellation notice after 11
      Not too sure

not need the tv package after 12 months is it possible to just continue with the broadband?
      Don't think so - you have to have Sky TV to be eligible

4) As I will moving from adsl Max to LLU do I get a MAC or I do I just cancel my present ADSL connection?
      MAC required

5) The netgear router that is supplied by sky do I have to send it back if after 12 months I decide to cancel
      Nope

6) Provide any other useful information?
      If it were me I would give it a shot, bear in mind though it does not always go smoothly, if it does yours quids in.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

tdbsolutions is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Give the BB a bash, well worth the money and if you get a few problems, this is the place to fix 'em
      One day you are the pigeon, but most days just the statue ...

bluetooth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMTET
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

The following are my adsl stats and Bras profile with my current ISP. I have had adsl broadband on this line since 2001 and have been on ADSL Max since April 2006, without any problems. If I move to Sky LLU will I get any increase/decerease in speed.

If I get similar results with Sky I will be happy.

Router Stats...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...i233/Stats.jpg

Bras Profile..

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...as_Profile.jpg

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you're only getting 4128Kbps on ADSL Max I don't think you would benefit from the Sky Max package, I would go for Mid if I were you, you should get much the same as you are getting now. Your downstream attenuation seems a bit high to get much more speed but your SNR looks OK. I may be wrong, though, try posting in the tech forum, there are some people there who will be able to help you further.