Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Asked before but i have to ask again...

This is a discussion on Asked before but i have to ask again... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, a couple of months or so ago, we signed up for the 15mb package of sky broadband. we were ...

Mattigoe0108 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Asked before but i have to ask again...

Well, a couple of months or so ago, we signed up for the 15mb package of sky broadband. we were signed off ntl 2 weeks ago and were expecting to have to wait a few days for sky to install broadband.

They came out, the router was fitted and everything was fine.

For an hour.

we've been without an internet connection at home for a week now i think. No little green i light, nothing. Tried a belkin ADSL router, still absolutely nothing. If i didn't have a connection here at uni i'd be stuffed since i h av e an essay for the end of the month.

After a few phonecalls, we have been told that the signal on the line was too weak, so they were going to up it and get back to us on the 13th (tomorrow).

Now i have a few questions here.

1. Are they actually going to get back to us?
      2. Has anyone encountered a problem like this and been able to fix it at their end?
      3. Since the account is under my dad's name and hes now away on business, ill be the one doing the fixing on our end if they call. Will they speak to me or will it have to be the person who holds the account?

Thanks for all help in advance, its much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      tdbsolutions is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Asked before but i have to ask again...

I would say :

1. NO
      2. Had Noise problems on the line and you can solve that your end.
      3. Tell them you are your dad, seriously our account is in the wifes name and I cant talk to them before they speak to the account holder. I have asked to have a note put on system 3 times.
      One day you are the pigeon, but most days just the statue ...