Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

linksys Velop with Sky Fibre MER Option 61

This is a discussion on linksys Velop with Sky Fibre MER Option 61 within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have Sky Fibre max with a Sky Q Hub. The wifi is appalling from the Sky Q Hub, so ...

Deebo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wednesbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

linksys Velop with Sky Fibre MER Option 61

I have Sky Fibre max with a Sky Q Hub. The wifi is appalling from the Sky Q Hub, so I'm looking to move to a Mesh solution. I've looked into the Linksys Velop Tri-Band kit, and it's my current favourite. However, to use the Velop I'd need to keep the Sky Q Hub and disable routing on the Velop which would then limit the features available on the Linksys system. I've looked into using a standalone modem such as the Huawei HG612 3B combined with the Velop for routing and WiFi - unfortunately, the Velop does not support Sky's MER/Option 61 so there's no chance of getting that working (Please tell me I'm wrong!?!?).

A user on the Linksys help forum has suggested that I search on here for the following:

"I think you'll find, as i did, that the velop firmware has no setting for option 61 at all. Like you i did not want to use bridge mode. The way forward in my case has been to set up the Sky Q router/ modem with a dmz and point my velop to that. Nothing else connects to the Q, all routing is done by the velop. It works fine in my case. I did have an old bt modem but i got a Sky Q router off ebay and this has increased my download speed slightly. If you dig into skyuser forums you'll find pointers to the dmz set up."

Can anyone help with setting up the Sky Q Hub with a DMZ?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: linksys Velop with Sky Fibre MER Option 61

Can anyone help with setting up the Sky Q Hub with a DMZ?
      Have a look here. - Using the DLink DIR613.

Although it is for a different router, it should work with any router with a WAN port.

Also have a look here - How to connect two Routers together It may give you some ideas.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Deebo (05-02-19)