Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moved to sky fibre but no internet for weeks

This is a discussion on Moved to sky fibre but no internet for weeks within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I wonder if anyone can give me any advice. I have been a sky broadband customer for years and ...

stevejos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01295
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Moved to sky fibre but no internet for weeks

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me any advice. I have been a sky broadband customer for years and have been pretty happy with the service, so happy that I advised my daughter to switch to sky fibre. What a disaster! she applied before Christmas and was waiting for the switch over. Boxing day her phone and internet were disconnected and she presumed the switch was going ahead. No such luck, nearly three weeks later , she now has phone but no internet. After numerous calls to Sky support she has been told many different stories - an openreach engineer will turn up with the router, (which sky have now sent), open reach messed up, and now that her order is stuck (what does that mean?). Support seem to be giving her the runaround. After informing her that the stuck order would be resolved and that they would call back within 24 hours, still no joy. What should she do next? She is supposed to be doing online training for her work and is getting stressed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Moved to sky fibre but no internet for weeks

It sounds as if your daughter has grounds to make a formal complaint. The next time that she contacts Sky, if she feels that she is being given the run around, she should state that she wants to make a formal complaint about Sky's actions (or inactions) as she perceives them that have deprived her of internet access since Boxing day.

Ideally she will be transferred to an agent in the customer care department who will be able to register her complaint and advise how it will be dealt with. As the lack of internet access will cause her hardship she should ask for Sky to provide her with alternative means of accessing the internet while the complaint is being resolved. In the past this has usually taken the form of a mobile USB dongle.

If she is still not happy with the response she receives a written complaint can be sent to:
      Customer Complaints, Sky Subscribers Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD