Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm

This is a discussion on Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm having problems with my Modem a Netgear D7800 it re syncs every two days - since we had a ...

Mike01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Westbourne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Netgear D7800 Modem keeps on Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm

I'm having problems with my Modem a Netgear D7800 it re syncs every two days - since we had a thunder storm. Before that it was perfect and stayed the same for over fifty days from installation.

I have also noticed that when it comes back the download/upload speeds are sometimes lower than before.
      here is a screen print of the Modem statistic Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on  Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm-modem-statistic.jpg

Any ideas anyone please.

Regards
      Mike
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on  Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm-modem-statistic.jpg  
      Last edited by Mike01; 30-04-18 at 02:19 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm

Resyncing at a slower speed normally indicates some sort of noise on the line causing errors, does the phone line sound clear on voice calls? You could try the original Sky modem to see it you get the same problem, try disconnecting other equipment that is plugged into the line, try plugging router in the test socket behind the face plate. If lighting gets anywhere near a phone line it can cause all sorts of damage, it might even have damaged the kit at the other end in the street cabinet, obviously overhead lines are more prone to that sort of thing, process of elimination I’m afraid.

Mike01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Westbourne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Netgear D7000 Modem keeps on Resyncing every two days since we had a thunder storm

Thank you for your reply, I have changed over to the Sky Q Modem and still have the same problems.

Regards Mike