Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Mdoh

RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed

This is a discussion on RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, Been lurking on this forum recently but I thought I would join as I am struggling to find an ...

Mdoh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Merrylee Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: NOW TV
      Router: NR801 Now TV
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed

Hello,

Been lurking on this forum recently but I thought I would join as I am struggling to find an exact answer to my problem with a recent date.

Recently purchased NOW TV fibre on 1 month rollling contract as I am concidering leaving Virgin Media due to there ongoing HUB3 Puma 6 issues.

As NOW TV and Sky Fibre are the same service just with different branding all sky info should still be relievent.

I am trying to setup a Netgear dm200 in modem mode with an RT-N66u using Merlin ver380 dated jan 2018.

when I use the dm200 as a 1 port router it connects to the service fine and I get a full stable connection
      (wiresharked the nowTV/Sky router for the login and configured the dm200 accordingly, also cloned the stock routers MAC) but when i switch to modem mode and configure option 61 with in the RT-N66u I dont get a connection.

I just get "your isps DHCP is not functioning correctly" tried with and without the single quotes, tried cloning the stock routers MAC but still no luck with the router. What am I doing wrong?

Im a little frustrated with this as my sync speed is pretty good 74/20 so if I can get this working I can wave goodbye to Virgin. I get a higher throughput with VM (106/7) but its ping spiking issue makes any sort of gaming or voip an issue. Slightly slower downloads for 10-15ms reduction in pings is more than acceptable for my needs.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,199 Times in 2,069 Posts

Re: RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed

Are you using the login details from the Sky Hub or some random characters?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Mdoh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Merrylee Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: NOW TV
      Router: NR801 Now TV
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed

So update on this.

I seem to have sorted the issue, seems there was some sort of issue with the firmware install on my Asus router. After a reinstall of the latest Merlin and a full factory reset with NVRAM clear it is now functioning as it should with the DM200 in modem mode! Good stuff!

Not really sure what the issue was as the router did work after the first flash with VMs cable modem after I couldn't get it to connect to the dm200.

unfortunately i cant get linestats but the speed test from the Skyuser website claims I am at 72373kbps down and 18245kbps up.

P.S I am using my actual login info from the NOW TV hub (same as sky Q) that I extracted using wireshark and I am also cloning the MAC.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RT-N66U and Netgear DM200 help needed-skyspeed.jpg  
      Scubbie likes this.