Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fed up now another option?

This is a discussion on Fed up now another option? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi right ive been messing with plugs wireless etc and just cant get anything to work any longer in my ...

phootheman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Fed up now another option?

Hi
      right ive been messing with plugs wireless etc and just cant get anything to work any longer in my house so am now looking to get another telephone line installed to the front of my house for fibre this would solve my issues for 130 ( ive spent double this on various wifi extenders powerline adapters etc)
      Im just wondering what are my options for cheapest line rental?? i take it it cannot be same line as what i have already??? and what are peoples experience with this? could i get the old line disconnected?? can i run one sky fibre account over two lines etc??
      Any advice will be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Fed up now another option?

EE currently have an offer (until 16/10) on up to 38Mb/s for 26 / month on an 18 month contract with 100 cashback on a prepaid mastercard. Should be possible to save more if you are able to pay up front line rental. Setup fee is 62 where a new line is required. As you already have a BT compatible line there may be problems ordering this deal online, which is in partnership with broadbandchoices but there is an online chat facility where you could explain your problem.

phootheman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      EE currently have an offer (until 16/10) on up to 38Mb/s for 26 / month on an 18 month contract with 100 cashback on a prepaid mastercard. Should be possible to save more if you are able to pay up front line rental. Setup fee is 62 where a new line is required. As you already have a BT compatible line there may be problems ordering this deal online, which is in partnership with broadbandchoices but there is an online chat facility where you could explain your problem.
      Thanks seems rather more complicated then i though i am using a rather data hungry internet Tv sytem.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phootheman View Post
      Hi
      right ive been messing with plugs wireless etc and just cant get anything to work any longer in my house so am now looking to get another telephone line installed to the front of my house for fibre this would solve my issues for 130 ( ive spent double this on various wifi extenders powerline adapters etc)
      Im just wondering what are my options for cheapest line rental?? i take it it cannot be same line as what i have already??? and what are peoples experience with this? could i get the old line disconnected?? can i run one sky fibre account over two lines etc??
      Any advice will be much appreciated
      You could just buy some ethernet cable and a crimping tool, an run it through loft areas to get internet to the front of your house. You could probably pay an electrician to do it for you. It would be cheaper DIY, but even the one off cost would be cheaper in long term than paying for 2 internet services.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky