Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fibre down and no help in sight

This is a discussion on Fibre down and no help in sight within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi all my fibre unlimited which has been faultless for over 2 years suddenly went off last friday morning (1st ...

tonygold is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: gants hill
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Fibre down and no help in sight

hi all
      my fibre unlimited which has been faultless for over 2 years suddenly went off last friday morning (1st sept). i was told by CS that it can take up to 5 working days to fix as it looks like it may be an issue at the exchange (although no other reports of outage online), i am in IG5 Ilford postcode.

anyway 6 working days on and still nothing. i am told by email that i am a VIP customer (25 years) and my calls will be prioritised. meanwhile the last 3 calls chasing this has resulted in hanging on a minimum of 20 mins and maximum of 1 hour 15 mins!!

now told it looks like fault will not be rectified until NOV 21st!!! how can this be, and if such a major fault why can i see no mention of it online affecting other people? my phone line incidentally is still working fine. any ideas or contacts anyone can suggest as i cannot get thru to CS and when i do i get no info or call backs.

i cannot continue like this and the only internet i can use is a small 4g telephone connection, but thats not going to go far.

many thanks for any help or advice.

2. Advertisement
      skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg8324 (bridge mode) + APU2C4 Pfsense box 2.4.0-RC (amd64) with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Fibre down and no help in sight

Is it possible a cabinet has been damaged? Have you been up to where the cab us to have a look etc..

Just saw this on bt status so perhaps it's affecting you too

I would also send an email to the CEO office of openreach. to ask them what the problem is..Nov 21st does seem an awfully long time if that is correct.

Sat 9th September, 00:02

Issues

BT Infinity problem in the Gants Hill area

Details

Dialling codes affected: 0203,0208

Estimated / resolution timeOngoing
      Zyxel vmg8324 modem (bridge mode)
      Pfsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

Upload stats user: SKYECI
      See mydslwebstats.co.uk

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I agree with the above - you really need to go see the cabinet...

Two months is quite a lead time, and suggests something that will take time to rebuild.

However, a colleague of mine at work - someone took out his cabinet with a car and it appears it'll be resolved in weeks rather than months.
      Current Sync 79999/19999

Smir is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01233
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 x3
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonygold View Post
      hi all
      my fibre unlimited which has been faultless for over 2 years suddenly went off last friday morning (1st sept). i was told by CS that it can take up to 5 working days to fix as it looks like it may be an issue at the exchange (although no other reports of outage online), i am in IG5 Ilford postcode.

anyway 6 working days on and still nothing. i am told by email that i am a VIP customer (25 years) and my calls will be prioritised. meanwhile the last 3 calls chasing this has resulted in hanging on a minimum of 20 mins and maximum of 1 hour 15 mins!!

now told it looks like fault will not be rectified until NOV 21st!!! how can this be, and if such a major fault why can i see no mention of it online affecting other people? my phone line incidentally is still working fine. any ideas or contacts anyone can suggest as i cannot get thru to CS and when i do i get no info or call backs.

i cannot continue like this and the only internet i can use is a small 4g telephone connection, but thats not going to go far.

many thanks for any help or advice.
      Ask sky what are they going to do about keeping your services connected? does ADSL work? if not what mobile package can they offer you?

20/10/2013 Fibre Order
      17/12/2013 Fibre Installation Date
      28/01/2014 Fibre Pro Upgrade

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for replies
      as a slight update: internet still off. sky say BT have told them to 'review the fault tracker' on 15th sept. i can see no damage to the green boxes very close to my home. i have repeatedly asked for the location of the damaged box but no one will give me this info!!
      they have agreed a 40 account credit but i really just want the internet back!

now for the strange bit.
      yesterday (11th sept) between 4pm and 11pm my internet returned at normal speed. by midnight it was off again and is still off now, the next morning. if this exchange was 'so damaged' how did i get internet last night!! as well as not telling me where this damaged box is, i also cannot get info as to how many people in my area are affected by this?

i really don't know where to turn as trying to get thru to Sky on the phone is ridiculous. the only communication i get is thru their MySky app chat but still the information is not adding up for me.

Exchange:
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg8324 (bridge mode) + APU2C4 Pfsense box 2.4.0-RC (amd64) with IPV6
      Thanks

I would send an email to the CEO office at openreach. Ask them what the problem is and when they hope to repair. You might get some further info. Include how long it's been down etc. Perhaps it's a cable fault which needs repair/replacement which is going to take time.

Have you checked here in case it's listed

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co...s-checker.aspx
      Pfsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

See mydslwebstats.co.uk

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i have today sent an email to the CEO's office of openreach.
      for anyone else that may need to do the same, the address i found is: clive.selley @ openreach.co.uk

i hope that is the correct and up to date one!!
      Last edited by Scubbie; 15-09-17 at 10:33 AM. Reason: 'Broke' email address to reduce spammers

Exchange:
      Thanks

Did you get a response?
      Pfsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

See mydslwebstats.co.uk