Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree2Likes

Unable to access Sagecom Fibre router.

This is a discussion on Unable to access Sagecom Fibre router. within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Kasperky and Bitdefender scored 100% in detection and blocking, now you know why.... NOTHING gets through. Interestingly ( or not ...

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Unable to access Sagecom Fibre router.

Kasperky and Bitdefender scored 100% in detection and blocking, now you know why.... NOTHING gets through.

Interestingly ( or not ) my Webroot just came up for renewal, so I thought Bitdefender is a bit cheaper, I'll try that. It lasted 36 hours before asked for a refund and re-installed Webroot.

Have a look at Webroot...
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

2. Advertisement
      geoffwba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marjohn56 View Post
      Kasperky and Bitdefender scored 100% in detection and blocking, now you know why.... NOTHING gets through.

Interestingly ( or not ) my Webroot just came up for renewal, so I thought Bitdefender is a bit cheaper, I'll try that. It lasted 36 hours before asked for a refund and re-installed Webroot.

Have a look at Webroot...
      It's rather strange though that Kaspersky only started blocking the router recently but I installed the programme in November. At least I know where the problem lay , so I can contact Kaspersky or try their web forum for a permanent solution if it happens again. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something. I have paid for a 12 month subscription starting November 2015 and I don't suppose they will do a refund if I abandon it!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Make sure your LAN is added as an exception in the Firewall. Most probably the problem arose after an update.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Following a visit by a BT Openreach engineer yesterday my slow fibre connection was diagnosed as a faulty BT modem, which was replaced. He also did a reset but his technical explanation of this went a bit over my head. However, I am now getting a nominal connection speed of 40,000 kbps which is as it should be. Download speeds are still a bit disappointing though and I attach some stats of what I am getting at the moment. These speeds are nothing like as good as they used to be. I would have thought they should be better but will monitor them over the next few days and probably contact Sky. The engineer suggested I get the router updated as I have the old Sagecom one which was installed in 2012. Would the Sky Hub make any difference, or should I perhaps consider a new 3rd party router/modem? I am still contemplating whether to move to Sky Q but am very loath to do this unless I can find a way of transferring all my Sky HD box recordings over. I believe the only way to do this currently is move the recordings in real time to a DVD recorder.Unable to access Sagecom Fibre router.-speedtest1.jpgUnable to access Sagecom Fibre router.-speedtest2.jpgUnable to access Sagecom Fibre router.-speedtest3.jpg

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There is definitely something wrong with your upload speed. Apart from the inability to upload at a reasonable speed you will find your normal downloading and surfing will suffer. I doubt very much if this is due to the router as it is the modem which makes the initial connection. Call Sky and tell them 244kbs upload is just not acceptable.

Try rebooting the modem and the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

geoffwba (08-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There is definitely something wrong with your upload speed. Apart from the inability to upload at a reasonable speed you will find your normal downloading and surfing will suffer. I doubt very much if this is due to the router as it is the modem which makes the initial connection. Call Sky and tell them 244kbs upload is just not acceptable.

Try rebooting the modem and the router.
      Thank you. I will contact Sky and see what they have to say.

Thanks

After contacting Sky again last week, I think my problems are over (touch wood). I must have been on the phone to them for about an hour and various tests were run, but still no improvement in download and upload speeds. They decided to send me the Sky Hub (SR102) at no cost to me, in place of the old Sagecom 2504 and Openreach modem, to see if this would provide a cure. This arrived yesterday and took just a few minutes to set up. I am now getting typical download speeds of 37.5 and upload 9.4, so I am pleased with that. It would seem that there must have been a problem with the old hardware, however I am going to monitor the speeds over the coming week. I see that some people have had issues with the Sky Hub but so far I am pleased with it, no wi-fi troubles at all.
      bubblegun and Scubbie like this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Good to hear a positive result at last.

As for the Sky Hub SR102, there have been issues but the latest firmware should resolve many of them. I do keep my eyes and ears open and I haven't yet seen any reports of issues relating to the latest firmware.

Beyond that its a case of comparing the SR102 to the routers available in the shops and those supplied by other ISPs. The SR102 doesn't have some of the more desirable features which many people have been asking for long before it was released. These include faster 2.4GHz speed, support for the 5GHz band, 1Gbit Ethernet and quite a lot more customisable options in the settings.

For Sky's target market the SR102 is just fine. You connect it to the telephone socket, plug it is and it works.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

geoffwba (12-04-16)

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Working days don't include weekends. Any compensation would be credited to your account and would be based on the number of days you are off line. eg, If you are paying 20 a month and are offline for 5 days you would get about 3. Sky will not normally compensate you for inconvenience.
      You will be offered a choice of credit off your next bill (exact amount) or a shopping e-voucher for Tesco or M&S which is rounded up to the next .

For people wanting faster wifi on Sky there is now the Hub v3.0 (SkyQ Hub) for 59 + 6.95 postage which does dual band wifi (2.4GHz and 5.8GHz) and has (only!) 2 gigabit wifi ethernet ports.

New Sky tel and bb customers can get it for 20 plus postage.

SkyQ customers with Sky Tel and BB get it for free when they upgrade.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 13-04-16 at 09:10 AM. Reason: weird double post thing
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123