Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HG612 Huawei + Asus RT-AC68U, Anything to do with the modem?

This is a discussion on HG612 Huawei + Asus RT-AC68U, Anything to do with the modem? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So I finally got this combo that everybody says it's so robust. Working fine for the last couple of days, ...

raislander is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HG612 Huawei + Asus RT-AC68U, Anything to do with the modem?

So I finally got this combo that everybody says it's so robust. Working fine for the last couple of days, connection rock solid no CRCs and HEC at all, G.Inp in D, and not yet for U, however I've got Fastpath for U.

Now the issue is, is there anything I need to configure on the HG612?

I see I've got Interleave depth 8, on the download speed, but G.Inp??? And Fastpath on the Upload, depth 1, but not G.Inp, weird?!!

Also I've notice that although the latency has become so good now 5-7ms max, with the sky box I used to get 39MM/9.80M while now I only get 36.5M/8.5M. I have worked on the line for a couple of days but not many resets, and I've tried to force it to sync again, but the DSLAM will give me same profile again and again as this seems to be for it the most stable option, although my MAX speeds are supposed to be up to 60M/15M.

Anyone can help?? Thanks!!!

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: HG612 Huawei + Asus RT-AC68U, Anything to do with the modem?

Unless you have a line problem it's unlikely you will see G.Inp on the upstream link. Your stats are identical to mine, pretty much normal. There's nothing to do with the 612, unless you want to flash the unlocked firmware, go over to kitz forum and search for hg612 unlocking. Some users report the unlocked firmware gives a slightly higher sync, it may or it may not.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------