Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SR102 firmware issues on fibre - any news?

This is a discussion on SR102 firmware issues on fibre - any news? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've had an Openreach engineer out to reset my line after DLM capped my speed some weeks ago due to ...

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

SR102 firmware issues on fibre - any news?

I've had an Openreach engineer out to reset my line after DLM capped my speed some weeks ago due to the well-known SR102 firmware issue. I switched to the old Openreach fibre modem to stop it from dropping sync all the time, which it did, but it didn't trigger DLM into increasing the speed again.

After the engineer was finished, my speed returned to where it was before G.inp was enabled - and looking at the router logs I don't see the "bearer" entries so I don't think it's enabled any more. Any idea if DLM will restore this? (I would have asked the engineer but I wasn't there, I suspect he wouldn't have known though).

Meanwhile, I tried removing the Openreach modem to see if the Sky router would still have the same problems, and indeed it does. And DLM wasted no time in reducing my speed by 2 meg when this happened. I've acquired a spare SR102 with the old firmware and am currently testing that, with no dropouts.

2. Advertisement
      Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: SR102 firmware issues on fibre - any news?

keep with the BT modem, will take a solid connection, no drops outs of at least 2 weeks to restore g.inp

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Re: SR102 firmware issues on fibre - any news?

So... after over 7 weeks since the DLM reset, G.inp has finally turned back on again today, and the spare Sky router hasn't updated firmware yet (didn't stick with the OR modem, sync speed was lower). Hopefully it stays that way.
      Last edited by buddbuttocks; 25-02-16 at 01:15 PM.