Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SR102+RT-AC87U+BT Modem

This is a discussion on SR102+RT-AC87U+BT Modem within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got the username and password from wireshark and the easy option as above but it still fails to connect. ...

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: SR102+RT-AC87U+BT Modem

I got the username and password from wireshark and the easy option as above but it still fails to connect.

Received the HUAWEI ECHOLIFE HG612 from Ebay today so I'll have a look at that now and report back.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Well this is doing my head in and their is not much in life that throws me specially anything to do with PC's but this haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm now using the HUAWEI, flashed it using the GUI file and I can see the login page all ok but.............. I have used admin/admin for the username and password and it will not let me in haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The modems IP is 192.168.1.1
      The Asus IP is 192.168.1.2

So when I connect everything up I can connect to the modem ok, I can connect to the router ok but still not internet.

I have extracted the username and password using wireshark and the generator above and they give the following:

Generator:

Skyuser - Sky router login credentials extractor

Waiting for DHCP request from router...

Received DHCP Request

Password = ***ee***
      Username = *****fbed***@skydsl
      Option 61 string = *****fbed***@skydsl|***ee***
      Option 60 = 2.1r.3761.R|002|SR102|*****57B**48**
      MAC Address = *****fbed***

Brought to you by the Skyuser forum. Join us on Sky User

Press any key to exit...

Wireshark gives:
      *****fbed***@skydsl|***ee***

The very same as the generator so I presume the both are correct.

I have entered the details as per the above screenshots and still no connection.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have also set the gateway IP address within the Asus router to 192.168.1.1 the same as the modem, is that correct?
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER or is it?
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Lede on ECI Modem/pFsense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

I should reset then reflash the OR modem, if you cant login using admin/admin via LAN2 it would suggest someone had already flashed it and changed the password. Or you have done something wrong, the only way to sort that is to go back to step 1 and start again. once you can access the modem via your pc you can then connect the DSL RJ11 and check your stats, we then know you got them internets as far as the OR box.

Was there any mention on the listing that OR Modem was already unlocked?

Install latest version of Merlin on ASUS and do the 30/30/30 reset (factory reset not enough) skip setup wizard (after changing wifi/admin password stuff) so there are no settings active on router at all, you can change all the bumpf after we get a connection

Then 2 Ethernet cables one from LAN1 OR to WAN on ASUS and one from LAN2 OR to any spare port on ASUS.

Go to WAN tab on ASUS and set it like mine;
      automatic IP
      enable wan yes
      enable nat yes
      enable unpnp yes(for now can change later)

connect to dns automatically yes
      mtu 1500
      authentication none
      host name leave blank
      mac address insert sr102 mac here
      dhcp query agressive
      manual client id your user/pass macaddy@skydsl|password here (no quote marks)
      click apply then reboot
      log back in and just wait on network map to see if it connects.

after that lot you will have to ask someone clever, because there is nothing else that I can suggest other than dodgy hardware. good luck

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Nope not correct.There are two ports on the modem, port 1 is the WAN port, it's the one nearest the DSL cable. Connect the asus WAN port to that. Now, for the time being, forget the 2nd port on the modem, you do not need it at present to get the WAN working so do not connect it, we'll cross that bridge later, although in order to make life easier in the long run we are going to change a few things around the Asus Lan configuaration.

Remember that OR modem is a bridge, you do not need to set anything up on it, it just converts the DSL connection into ethernet, it does not have an address on the WAN port.

Do it this way and if the OR modem resets its LAN address on port 2 back to its default of 192.168.1.1 then the rest of the LAN will not be affected.

Set the LAN IP of the Asus to 192.168.1.254 ( this will now be your LAN gateway to the internet )

Set the DHCP allocation of the LAN in the Asus to the following:

Range 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150 ( unless you are going to have more than 50 clients that should be enough )

Gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS Servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 ( These are googles, for now use them, if you want to use different ones change them later after its all working ).

Reboot the asus and set a static address on your PC, whatever you like except 192.168.1.1 or 254 and not 100 to 150 but I suggest the following:

IP address : 192.168.1.10
      Mask: 255.255.255.0
      Gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS Servers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Now, once that is all done, we only have the WAN connection to worry about.

Reconnect to the asus on 192.168.1.254

Set that up as shown by Coipu, set the DNS servers in the WAN setting to automatic, it does not matter for now that the LAN DNS servers are set differently.

Reboot the Asus!

Now, when that is all done, connect to the Asus, has the internet icon changed status? If yes then you are connected!
      Last edited by marjohn56; 01-12-15 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Just noticed Coipu's post!!!
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER or is it?
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Lede on ECI Modem/pFsense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

It is correct, regardless of the mode it is operating in, it is marked on the HG612 as LAN 1 so why confuse the issue further? Also there is no need for any DHCP/DNS shennanigans as both devices don't conflict at all set to defaults. Get the wan tab sorted and connected first then worry about everything else.

Thanks

i was not referring to your post, hence the edit comment.

However, if his LAN has the wrong DNS he will still see sod all, however you run one of these so I'll leave it up to you, no further input from me.

Thanks

Guys,

Please don't fall out I'm after all the info I can get and both of you have been a fantastic help.

Regarding the admin/password to the modem the auction does not state that its been hacked before so I have sent the seller a message asking but if the firmware has been changed again by myself surly the admin login details would of reverted back to default.

I will try the above now and report back.

Thanks both great help.

Thanks

Yes Its alive

I followed the above to the letter and it didn't connect to the net in the network map it said not connected so I clicked connected and went through the self setup process and ticked special requirements for the ISP bit and the router reset.

It took a while but finally for some unknown reason it connected

Now.................. finding the modems password

- - - Updated - - -

Also........... when I ran the find the password etc online finder, wireshark etc the mac address it was providing was the same but.......... yesterday I attempted to find the details again but it would not show the username and password but showed just a mac code but this mac code was different to the one the generator and wireshark provided so...........

I'm using that different mac code and its now connected so I have no idea if it was a setup issue or the mac code?

Thanks

Which one gave you a different MAC address, the simple extractor, wireshark or the web online password generator?

Thanks

Simple extractor, first off it showed the username and password along with a MAC code but as above I could not connect but last night I connected with Simple extractor again and for some unknown reason setup perhaps it didn't show a username and password but a MAC code that was a different one again.

So the different one is the one I'm using now and its working, I might input the other one and see if it connects and that will prove a point that it was a MAC code error all along.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast