Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Asus Routers

This is a discussion on Asus Routers within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I prefer to not need any logins from devices and apps, it's an extra step that's not needed and maybe ...

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER or is it?
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Lede on ECI Modem/pFsense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Re: Asus Routers

I prefer to not need any logins from devices and apps, it's an extra step that's not needed and maybe easily circumvented from what I just read. That being said I like the idea of per user controls regardless of device though, but my boy would be around that app in a 10 second google (he's up to running tails and spoofing macs now, little bugger). In Merlin you just click icon of device and then assign opendns/yandex/norton or commodo at the age appropriate level as you see fit (without registering with any of them)and it is applied as both an ip and mac address filter as well as a handy global default setting which can't be bypassed. I especially like the bandwidth speed limiter per device as kids are little feckers once they start using Steam and similar. I just cant get very fast fibre where I live , I never would have thought I would be moaning that 35Mbps wasn't fast enough, but it isn't with two teenagers in the house.

2. Advertisement
      Xion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Asus Routers

This was quite useful, thank you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234