Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky Fibre & 3rd Party Routers that work with MER let clear this up please

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre & 3rd Party Routers that work with MER let clear this up please within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You'll need to telnet into it, To do that you'll probably need to run telnetenabler.exe, you can find that by ...

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre & 3rd Party Routers that work with MER let clear this up please

You'll need to telnet into it, To do that you'll probably need to run telnetenabler.exe, you can find that by searching on the web for netgear telnetenabler.

Once telneted in you will see naff all, just a '#', enter ls, that will list the folder. You should see bin listed there, the cd bin, then ls again. You should see udhcp* there.

Of course, only attempt this if you are reasonably comfortable with doing so. Nothing I have given you here will hurt your router btw.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

2. Advertisement
      andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: VMG1312-B10A & Asus RT-86U with Merlin FW
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marjohn56 View Post

You'll need to telnet into it, To do that you'll probably need to run telnetenabler.exe, you can find that by searching on the web for netgear telnetenabler.

Once telneted in you will see naff all, just a '#', enter ls, that will list the folder. You should see bin listed there, the cd bin, then ls again. You should see udhcp* there.

Of course, only attempt this if you are reasonably comfortable with doing so. Nothing I have given you here will hurt your router btw.
      telnetenabler.exe.....windows yuk.....mac person here.

thanks for the info though. i might have to give dd-wrt another go or perhaps tomato

EDIT: i've managed to telnet in on os x and udhcp is not under bin
      Last edited by andrewjr; 26-08-15 at 12:20 PM.
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Must be a udhpc client in there somewhere, how else is it going to get an address? Bizzarre!
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ECI CAB - 8800nl v1 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just thought I would add I have asked support to pass a request to the engineers to see if we can get the mer support option included in the latest releases.. supposedly either way I am supposed to get an answer back so if I indeed do I will post back the response..
      9980 on the beta does indeed work.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2015 View Post
      Hi All,

Im prettty new to this forum and have trawling the web to try and find a clear defined answer to the question " What 3rd party routers with sky fibre". So i haven't yet been able to find a clear definition on what works without any hipcups.

So i know that the TP-Link TD-W9880 works with a beta firmware supposedly that people have tried. But TP-link have no plans to carry on the support on this.

What i am looking for as many people are is a modem & router built in. As i was one of the many people that have been sent sky's new SR102 which doesn't require an openreach modem. Having sky fibre pro and such a terrible device attached to the fibre network is awful...

I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give me advising of make and model numbers and also any links to how they configured there new device on sky's fibre network.

I also read a comment that if you are with Sky Fibre pro they would give you your username and password if you asked is this true?

kimmy85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: Sky Fibre & 3rd Party Routers that work with MER let clear this up please

Hi

First post to the forum, so play nice 😁
      I have foolishly decided to move from sky broadband to sky fibre... and it seems my non-sky router doesn't want to work, having researched it seems to do with the MER Authentication...

I have been happily using a netgear dgnd3700v2 with sky broadband... it now does not work with my fibre that was on activated weds.

Can you kindly assist how I get this to work, if at all possible? Happy to try any router spoofing etc.. so long as you can give me a dummy guide!!

Any help appreciated !!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Your router does not have a built in vDSL modem, so to get it to connect you would need a vDSL modem. I am also not certain that it would connect even with a modem. To do this it would have to support Option 61, which I don't think it does.

In the meantime your best bet would be to connect using one of these methods, this would at least give you use of your router.
      How to connect two Routers together

or

Using the DLink DIR613.

Note that the first uses an ethernet port on the router, the second uses the WAN port, not the ADS port.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: VMG1312-B10A & Asus RT-86U with Merlin FW
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by choppersrock View Post
      Just thought I would add I have asked support to pass a request to the engineers to see if we can get the mer support option included in the latest releases.. supposedly either way I am supposed to get an answer back so if I indeed do I will post back the response..
      9980 on the beta does indeed work.
      ah good stuff. I was going to email them myself but haven't gotten around to it. I eagerly await any response you receive from them
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@ISITME - thanks for your reply, so in summary my current router wouldn't work? Even though its not "real" Fiber? (Its a traditional copper cable coming into house)
      id rather not have 2 devices connected together, but at same time I cannot continue with my SR102, the range is terrible and I need dual band etc.

I see early on in the thread a Netgear D7000? or R7000? would work with Sky Fibre/MER etc as Sole device - are these easy to set up etc?

Thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The D7000 would connect direct, but the R7000 wouldn't as it does not have a built in modem. As it works on stock firmware the D7000 should not be too difficult to connect. I am sure Marjohn56, who runs this model, would assist if required.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Isitme.. in the mean time I have taken advice about connecting Sky Hub Sr102 with my Dgnd3700v2... after switching off Wifi on the Sky hub, I can view and connect to the Netgear wifi SSID BUT I am unable to connect to the internet via the Netgear

anything I have done wrong?? any ideas
      I followed these instructions Netgear DGND3700 Modem Set Up
      Appreciate relevant for a DLINK and the sky SAGEM, but managed to apply within the netgear Genie, though I suspect there is some other settings I need to adjust!

thanks again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast