Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky fibre 12 month offer

This is a discussion on sky fibre 12 month offer within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have received an email from sky offering fibre free for 12 months with a 25gb download limit. i tried ...

tonygold is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: gants hill
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky fibre 12 month offer

i have received an email from sky offering fibre free for 12 months with a 25gb download limit.

i tried calling sky to get more details but the operator i got after hanging on for ages was hopeless.

i am at present on their normal 'unlimited' broadband so wonder whether 25gb will be enough. does downloading from their own catch up stations count towards your usage as an HD movie can be 5gb?

is there anyway i can find out my total usage over the last 12 months to gauge whether 25gb will be sufficient?

many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: sky fibre 12 month offer

To be honest 25gb is not a lot if you are going to watch catch-up tv it will soon go and yes it will come out of your allowance if you watch sky's own channels
      I think the package is if you don't use the internet a lot and it's for like checking your emails and the odd few mp3 downloads
      once you start downloading films and stuff like that it will be gone in about 2-3 days so if you use the internet every day i wouldn't bovver with the 25gb package.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just wondering if you could get two months free then ten months at 10 making Sky fibre Unlimited just 10 more expensive over the first year compared with the full price of Sky Broadband Unlimited, for an existing Sky BB customer. This does not include the delivery cost of an SR102 (should one be required).

It also depends on how exceeding the 25 GB monthly allowance is handled. I am assuming that a warning would be issued at the end of the first month (Similar to Sky Broadband Lite) but I'm not clear whether automatic upgrade would be applied at the end of the second month of immediately usage exceeds 25 GB in month two.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      It also depends on how exceeding the 25 GB monthly allowance is handled. I am assuming that a warning would be issued at the end of the first month (Similar to Sky Broadband Lite) but I'm not clear whether automatic upgrade would be applied at the end of the second month of immediately usage exceeds 25 GB in month two.
      If you exceed 25GB in the first month then you would be upgraded at the point in the second month where you went over 25GB.

When it first launched with an 18 month contract there was a "usage amnesty" for the first 6 months where the cap wasn't enforced but I'd suspect this won't be offered on the 12 month contract. (This was because usage monitoring wasn't available on fibre until a few months after it launched.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tonygold View Post
      i have received an email from sky offering fibre free for 12 months with a 25gb download limit.

i tried calling sky to get more details but the operator i got after hanging on for ages was hopeless.

i am at present on their normal 'unlimited' broadband so wonder whether 25gb will be enough. does downloading from their own catch up stations count towards your usage as an HD movie can be 5gb?

is there anyway i can find out my total usage over the last 12 months to gauge whether 25gb will be sufficient?

many thanks.
      Why were they useless?
      They just need to open "Broadband" in your "Portfolio" and they can read you out your usage figures for each month of the last year. There's a bar chart showing usage. Everyone has access to this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky