Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Here's how:- Asus DSL-ac68u working with Sky fibre

This is a discussion on Here's how:- Asus DSL-ac68u working with Sky fibre within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Atak2k My problem now is where the hell do you purchase one in the uk? Have you ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Here's how:- Asus DSL-ac68u working with Sky fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Atak2k View Post
      My problem now is where the hell do you purchase one in the uk?
      Have you tried Everest Technology?

ET STORE - ADSL/FIBRE BROADBAND ROUTER WIRELESS

2. Advertisement
      foxyloxy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

For the record the problems I came across whilst following Andy's steps were:
      I couldn't convince it to let me setup the ADSL connection via the wizard. If I left the adsl cable unplugged the wizard got into a loop asking me to choose annex a or b. If I connected the cable then it gave me a VDSL list rather than an ADSL list (as it sensed I have a VDSl connection). So I set it up as a VDSL Sky Fibre connection which just prompts for DNS details, when you then try to edit the PVC it creates it gives two dialogue boxes which say "Error" before it lets you in - there are boxes for username and password on this PVC entry but they are clearly not the ones that let you get PPP (as it didn't). So I tried running the wizard again and for some reason it decided it would let me setup the connection as if it was ADSL and then from there Andy's steps worked fine. Although is it me but to get a VDSL connection you need both an ADSL and VDSL connection setup seems weird??!!??

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

From ASUS's response Getting the Asus DSL-AC68U to work with Sky Fibre ? it appears that they realise there is a problem but at least we know that there is a work around, even if it is far from being intuitive.

Hopefully if the manufacture continues to actively support this device there will be a firmware update that will make username/password entry easier but it appears that there isn't anything currently in the pipeline.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

foxyloxy (18-09-14)

potassium is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn Wolverhampton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus DSL-AC68U
      Thanks

Hello foxyloxy

Andy's steps worked for me.

You have to follow them precisely but they work.

For me:

- Yes like you VDSL was detected so setup ADSL Sky MER with the WAN cable disconnected - then connect once the settings are saved after the wizard and you are back on the General Map page

- Dont change Wireless settings for Channel Bandwidth as suggested by Andy until you see if wireless is OK for you

- Make sure the MAC address you add is the one in the Sky Hub in Page Maintenance->Router Status in section Broadband Port only. It should be different to the one in your username and will have colons between every 2 characters unlike the username

- Press the reset button for 10 seconds every time you attempt this connection so that you are sure the old config is cleared down - once done wait a minute before connecting again - this also takes you straight to the wizard to kick off Andy's instructions (and remember to disconnect the WAN at wizard stage)

For reference - my speed increased by 4000kbps straightaway and down attn went from 19.8dB on SR102 to 12.4dB - still not Pro speeds but better anyway and may be a fluke but its working 12 hours later anyway

7. The Following User Says Thank You to potassium For This Useful Post:

foxyloxy (20-09-14)

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I should start by saying I'm very grateful for Andy's steps - I doubt I would have worked out that lol.
      Potassium - Maybe we have different firmwares (I upgraded mine to the 2050 firmware) also mine is one which was destined for the german market but with the DSL cable disconnected I ended up in an endless loop of select annex A or annex B.
      Quote Originally Posted by potassium View Post
      Hello foxyloxy

Andy's steps worked for me.

You have to follow them precisely but they work.

For me:

- Yes like you VDSL was detected so setup ADSL Sky MER with the WAN cable disconnected - then connect once the settings are saved after the wizard and you are back on the General Map page

- Dont change Wireless settings for Channel Bandwidth as suggested by Andy until you see if wireless is OK for you

- Make sure the MAC address you add is the one in the Sky Hub in Page Maintenance->Router Status in section Broadband Port only. It should be different to the one in your username and will have colons between every 2 characters unlike the username

- Press the reset button for 10 seconds every time you attempt this connection so that you are sure the old config is cleared down - once done wait a minute before connecting again - this also takes you straight to the wizard to kick off Andy's instructions (and remember to disconnect the WAN at wizard stage)

For reference - my speed increased by 4000kbps straightaway and down attn went from 19.8dB on SR102 to 12.4dB - still not Pro speeds but better anyway and may be a fluke but its working 12 hours later anyway

potassium is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn Wolverhampton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus DSL-AC68U
      Thanks

BTW - I got mine from eBuyer - Asus DSL-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit ADSL/VDSL Modem Router - Ebuyer

Was for 190 inc postage but they have put the price up and its OOS

foxyloxy- my FW is the same annex log shows Annex B - Annex Mode DSL Setting is set to "Annex A/I/J/L/M"

so keep trying it should work now you there are 2 people on sky using it

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry for the confusion - I am connected! Although I did notice I am seeing occasional (once in 48hrs) vdsl disconnects - I am keeping an eye on the dsl log.
      Quote Originally Posted by potassium View Post
      BTW - I got mine from eBuyer - Asus DSL-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit ADSL/VDSL Modem Router - Ebuyer

Was for 190 inc postage but they have put the price up and its OOS

foxyloxy- my FW is the same annex log shows Annex B - Annex Mode DSL Setting is set to "Annex A/I/J/L/M"

so keep trying it should work now you there are 2 people on sky using it

hiandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01947
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ASUS dsl-ac68U
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

I also have seen a few WAN connection down items in my logs. I have been tweaking my setting.
      I now think I should have left the modem to settle down with sky, as I tried to tweak several functions on the DSL settings page, only to have my connection reduced. At the worst I am down to 32Mb/s up and 5Mb/s down.

Things are getting better as long as don't make more than 1 WAN tweak in any 24Hr period. But am going to leave alone for a couple of weeks now.

Ill keep reading your posts but being at work make it difficult to comment..

hope things will settle down.

Andy

ardsar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crownhill Plymouth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just picked one up from PC world for 159. - yes it is the DSL version.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Nice price!
      http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/networ...26294-pdt.html
      Quote Originally Posted by ardsar View Post
      Just picked one up from PC world for 159. - yes it is the DSL version.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast