Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Asus RT- AC68U

This is a discussion on Asus RT- AC68U within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; guys have few question on what connection have to be connected while doing the following steps i have ordered the ...

essa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Asus RT- AC68U

guys have few question on what connection have to be connected while doing the following steps

i have ordered the BOT HG612 b3 unlocked modem should be with me tomorrow or on Saturday.

the SKY-SR102 is on its way and im going to buy the Asus rt-AC68u on Saturday.

sky fibre not sure when it goes live think 25 Fb.

could i test my equipment before i go live on SUF .

what would i need to do

1.extract username and password from sky SR102 but do i need to connect the sky hub to extract ie. adsl connect from socket?

i think i figured this out on my own, i have toconnect the Ethernet cable to the pc and download the wireshark program to my desktop, no adsl wire needed to extract password and username

2. install firmware on Asus router but which one Asuswrt Merlin or dd-wrt, tomato and how would i do this, just connect power cable and upload firmware from the browser or do i need connect the adsl wire too?.

2. insert password and username in the Asus router in the wan section and what other setting do i need to change - how would i do this connect adsl wire to the router or do i do this later in the step 4

3 connect BOT modem to the master socket- do i need to do anything to the modem settings wise.

4. connect the modem to the asus router- wut setting if any do i have to change i.e IP address etc?.

just need to know how exactly what i have to do when i get alll my equipment together and in which order i have to do things and i have to test my equipment out just in case something is faulty before my SKY UNLIMITED FIBRE goes live..
      Last edited by essa; 14-02-14 at 10:01 AM.

2. Advertisement
      stunew is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Buh SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essa View Post
      guys have few question on what connection have to be connected while doing the following steps

i have ordered the BOT HG612 b3 unlocked modem should be with me tomorrow or on Saturday.

the SKY-SR102 is on its way and im going to buy the Asus rt-AC68u on Saturday.

sky fibre not sure when it goes live think 25 Fb.

could i test my equipment before i go live on SUF .

what would i need to do

1.extract username and password from sky SR102 but do i need to connect the sky hub to extract ie. adsl connect from socket?

i think i figured this out on my own, i have toconnect the Ethernet cable to the pc and download the wireshark program to my desktop, no adsl wire needed to extract password and username

2. install firmware on Asus router but which one Asuswrt Merlin or dd-wrt, tomato and how would i do this, just connect power cable and upload firmware from the browser or do i need connect the adsl wire too?.

2. insert password and username in the Asus router in the wan section and what other setting do i need to change - how would i do this connect adsl wire to the router or do i do this later in the step 4

3 connect BOT modem to the master socket- do i need to do anything to the modem settings wise.

4. connect the modem to the asus router- wut setting if any do i have to change i.e IP address etc?.

just need to know how exactly what i have to do when i get alll my equipment together and in which order i have to do things and i have to test my equipment out just in case something is faulty before my SKY UNLIMITED FIBRE goes live..
      Essa - Did you get this working? I'm having HUGE issues, did you change any of the BTO Modem Settings??

- - - Updated - - -

Essa - Did you get this working? I'm having HUGE issues, did you change any of the BTO Modem Settings??

essa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stunew View Post

- - - Updated - - -

hey Stunew

sorry not yet, didn't order the Asus router yet saving moeny up for new gpu instead, the Sr102 router is doing orite for my purposes for wright now full wifi signal but in couple months im going to order the Asus router.

may i ask what issue you are having maybe i can help.

DirkTheDaring is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Thanks

Re: Setup/Config Asus RT- AC68U Help and advise

Did anyone get this router working with Sky Fibre? I have my username and password and upgraded to Merlin firmware but still can't get it working. Are there any clear step by step instructions anywhere ? Cheers

whittall1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Hi,
      Can anyone advise me
      I thought that this router also replaces the Opeworld modem? if not, is there such a product?

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whittall1 View Post
      Hi,
      Can anyone advise me
      I thought that this router also replaces the Opeworld modem? if not, is there such a product?
      I believe the "RT" model doesn't have a modem included, but the "DSL" model does. However, I don't think the latter works with Sky. I think I have read here others have found it difficult/unstable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mattan For This Useful Post:

whittall1 (27-11-14)

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkTheDaring View Post
      Did anyone get this router working with Sky Fibre? I have my username and password and upgraded to Merlin firmware but still can't get it working. Are there any clear step by step instructions anywhere ? Cheers
      Don't know if you are sorted - I hope that you are - but FYI I have my new RT-AC68U working in place of my Sky SR101 directly cabled to my BT Openreach modem on Merlin firmware (version 3.0.0.4.376.48_1). No need to clone the SR101's MAC in the Asus config, or put any quotes around the user ID and password string. Hopefully the attached screen print of the Asus' WAN config will assist.

Asus RT- AC68U-merlinwanconfig.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jingars For This Useful Post:

ducati9981 (12-07-15)

ducati9981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Jingars

I have the latest from Merlin Firmware 378.54.2 which I installed on the RT-AC68U router and followed your guidance & works a treat. Thank you.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

did you have to clone the mac?

ducati9981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

No cloning of MAC required chrcol, just username and password required and follow exact to Jingars picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast