Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Another Failed Installation Date - after waiting 2.5 months

This is a discussion on Another Failed Installation Date - after waiting 2.5 months within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Lol knew it after reading all the horror stories about BT openreach. Ordered Fibre at start of September to much ...

slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Another Failed Installation Date - after waiting 2.5 months

Lol knew it after reading all the horror stories about BT openreach.

Ordered Fibre at start of September to much disappointment after being told 23 Nov was the installation date... oh well waited this long another few months wont kill.

SMS's received on 19th and 22nd Nov from Sky to confirm the apppointment - things looking good.

The excitement building, I was enjoying my day I took off work ready for the install between 8am-1pm today.

By 12:30 I was worrying..... but alas the phoned rang at 1:10pm, "Hello its the Openreach engineer" ............ yes I was thinking hes on his way......but my heart soon sank "Just to let you know I'm cancelling the appointment as BT in Norwich have no stores left"................ errrrrrr

After a heated exchange he explained in the rudest possible terms that he did installs in Lowestoft this morning, with equipment sourced from that depot, he then drove over to the Norwich depot to get the equipment (eg the modem) for my install only to find there wasn't any.

When I explained how long i'd been waiting and the fact i'd took the day off work for this he basically said take it up BT and after refusing to give me his name hung up.

Awesome....

Been on hold with Sky for 20 plus minutes now only to be cut off.

Brilliant day.

UPDATE.

Its just got even better. Now ive just had a disconnect on my phone line and my internet went down for approx 5 mins.
      Only to find when it came back up i'd gone from 15mb to 10mb in speed and my ping had gone up from 20ms to 67ms.

My ip is starting with 2.xx now when im sure it used to be 90.xx

UPDATE 2

This has just got better. On the phone Sky Customer service have told me the drop in speed is because today I have migrated from BT's network to Skys LLU network
      I told her ive been on SKY's LLU network for over 3 years now and she said thats impossible as I have only migrated onto it today.

My laughing didn't help matters and the call ended badly. Apparently a supervisor is going to call me back.

So not only have I not got Fibre ive lost a third of my speed, my pings have tripled and Sky are telling me i've never been n their network untill today and 10mb is "really good".

If it wasn't funny id be crying.
      Last edited by slickric21; 23-11-12 at 03:54 PM.

2. Advertisement
      slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Thanks

Re: Another Failed Installation Date - after waiting 2.5 months

Just been called back by a supervisor.

They will lodge a complaint with BTO about the engineer.

Regarding my speed, i've been moved onto the full SVBN (id opted out a few years ago) in prep for Fibre and that is why its dropped.

They have managed to tweak it to 14/1.1mb, 8ms max delays.
      Pings still quite abit higher than usual though but i'll survive untill the 19th.

So fingers crossed BTO turn up on the 19th, otherwise i'm another 150 out of pocket.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: Another Failed Installation Date - after waiting 2.5 months

Just to reassure you, it sounds like the connection process has begun.

The normal process means that you are moved to Sky's telephone and broadband kit before the Sky Fibre connection goes live. Others have found that they can normally get Sky ADSL before the move is completed.

The normal Sky ADSL process is to set your connection to 4095 kbps d/l and 605 kbps u/l.

I know that you were with Sky previously, but it is possible that the BTO Engineer has moved you to a different connection in the telephone exchange. Certainly your IP Address has been changed.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms