Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Like Tree22Likes

Known Working Third Party Routers With Sky Fibre

This is a discussion on Known Working Third Party Routers With Sky Fibre within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; --------------------------------------- Router: Netgear 3800 Firmware: DD-WRT 20086 Guide: killall udhcpc /usr/sbin/udhcpc -i eth1 -c "username@skydsl|password" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc & ...

slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Known Working Third Party Routers With Sky Fibre

---------------------------------------
      Router: Netgear 3800

Firmware: DD-WRT 20086

Guide:
      killall udhcpc
      /usr/sbin/udhcpc -i eth1 -c "username@skydsl|password" -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc &
      ---------------------------------------
      Scubbie likes this.

2. Advertisement
      banjo789 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 20 per/m
      Router: Asus RT-N66U
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBhoot View Post
      Hello Peeps,

Just thought I'd add that Asus DarkNight RT-N66U router with Merlin Firmware works fine. Got 2x xbox 360s playing COD, 2x PS3's and PC/iPAD/iDevices all happily doing there thing. Important note though, xbox and PS3 performance is laggy when more than one console online playing COD or something. It's only when I configured QOS that the lag went away. I set the QOS for XBOX/PSN as high priority based on port only. I also setup HTTP/HTTPS to normal priority (set to highest by default) which seemed to make a difference.

All the consoles are wired and WLAN'ed. No issues so far and the DarkNight's WLAN peformance has been pretty good so far on 2.4GHz...on 5Ghz is does around 240Mbps transfer rate when copying files from a Synology DS212+ to MacBook Pro late 2011. Built-in FW does a good enough job on default settings. PortForwarding is a manual job of hunting down the ports required and forwarding them on.
      Just signed up for Sky Pro and was looking at the RT-AC66U and flashing it with Merlin. Anyone know if this will work with Sky's MER? I 'm intending on getting an old Sky router off ebay to extract the username and password.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banjo789 View Post
      Just signed up for Sky Pro and was looking at the RT-AC66U and flashing it with Merlin. Anyone know if this will work with Sky's MER? I 'm intending on getting an old Sky router off ebay to extract the username and password.
      Why take the chance of buying a router which may be blocked, it has happened, when you can just as easily extract the details from the Sky Hub?
      How to get the Username and Password for the Sky Hub SR101

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I will give it a go. Hub hasn't arrived and the install date is the 31st. Anyone know if using Merlin firmware on a ASUS router is as simple as typing in the username and password into the two fields?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Why take the chance of buying a router which may be blocked, it has happened, when you can just as easily extract the details from the Sky Hub?
      How to get the Username and Password for the Sky Hub SR101
      BT are coming to to install tomorrow fingers crossed. Just packet sniffed the Hub and the username and password came out in this format =NLNLLNNNNLLL@SKYDSL|LNNNLNNN. I have trimmed the = sign from the front but I didn't get a #

I've ordered the Asus RTn66u from Amazon and plan to install Merlin, can someone confirm where the username and password goes and is a script required?

Thanks

AndrewHuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi,

I am currently trying to get my Draytek to work with Fibre, I did have it working for 14 days straight and then it stopped. I have noticed the following in the DCHP options that get sent when trying to connect:

#60 - The router is sending out these details in HEX and not plain text, is this a problem?
      #61 - The router sending it out as my draytek model "Vigor2830VN", Draytek support says this does not matter - are they correct?

I am only asking as when I had a tp-link I had to enter these details in the admin.

Thanks,

Andrew

wantage will is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wantage
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

BT are coming to to install tomorrow fingers crossed. Just packet sniffed the Hub and the username and password came out in this format =NLNLLNNNNLLL@SKYDSL|LNNNLNNN. I have trimmed the = sign from the front but I didn't get a #

I've ordered the Asus RTn66u from Amazon and plan to install Merlin, can someone confirm where the username and password goes and is a script required?

Thanks
      Sky Fibre - 3rd Party Routers (Asus) | AVForums.com - UK Online

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
      http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-broadband/1652512-sky-fibre-3rd-party-routers-asus.html

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
      http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-broadband/1652512-sky-fibre-3rd-party-routers-asus.html

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuk View Post
      Hi,

I am currently trying to get my Draytek to work with Fibre, I did have it working for 14 days straight and then it stopped. I have noticed the following in the DCHP options that get sent when trying to connect:

#60 - The router is sending out these details in HEX and not plain text, is this a problem?
      #61 - The router sending it out as my draytek model "Vigor2830VN", Draytek support says this does not matter - are they correct?

I am only asking as when I had a tp-link I had to enter these details in the admin.

Thanks,

Andrew
      It's 61 sky are checking for the username/pass not 60, have you got those 2 the wrong way round?

Hex is fine as long as it's encoded correctly, but they do need to send it as a raw string and NOT prefix it with the interface type (I Know Mikrotik had to change their DHCP client to do this, it's possible others will also)

M@rk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: PFsense
      Thanks

pfsense working with sky fibre pro. pfsense.org

Spitfire is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Which router would you all recommend for use with Sky Fiber Unlimited?

- - - Updated - - -

Which router would you all recommend for use with Sky Fiber Unlimited?

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast