Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

24 Hour turn around...

This is a discussion on 24 Hour turn around... within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When I spoke to the SBUF team about my install next tuesday I had a good chat with person and ...

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      When I spoke to the SBUF team about my install next tuesday I had a good chat with person and they are still a small team but growing and are all still training, and everything from sending out the fibre routers to installs is still being trialled/checked/carefully monitored to make sure it runs smoothly before launch

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: 24 Hour turn around...

What people seem to forget is this is a trial, not a pre-order. Sky I am sure will have a reason or method for who they choose and where. Just becuase we pre-registered an interest it doest mean they have to connect everyone to the trial or even allow us to the front of the line. I am as eager as everyone to get the service, but I am not holding my breath for the call.. with around 20 days to launch, a lead time of 7-14 days for install and no doubt thousands of people who asked to register an interest unless the 12th is a soft launch and starts with an invite only I do not see how they can connect everyone.

morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      What people seem to forget is this is a trial, not a pre-order. Sky I am sure will have a reason or method for who they choose and where. Just becuase we pre-registered an interest it doest mean they have to connect everyone to the trial or even allow us to the front of the line. I am as eager as everyone to get the service, but I am not holding my breath for the call.. with around 20 days to launch, a lead time of 7-14 days for install and no doubt thousands of people who asked to register an interest unless the 12th is a soft launch and starts with an invite only I do not see how they can connect everyone.
      Is it possible, I wonder, that Sky are contacting people who are different distances from their exchange/box etc in given areas in order that they have a clearer idea as to what they will eventually be able to publicly claim as realistic speeds they will be offering when they "go live"?
      Seems a reasonable assumption to me.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morgee View Post
      Is it possible, I wonder, that Sky are contacting people who are different distances from their exchange/box etc in given areas in order that they have a clearer idea as to what they will eventually be able to publicly claim as realistic speeds they will be offering when they "go live"?
      Seems a reasonable assumption to me.
      Anything is possible but most people who have been connected so far on the forums seem to be within a reasonable distance from their cab. It could be as simple as testing lead times with BTO engineers at different exchanges, it could be down to being offered to those who had poor or slow connections so that can say sky fibre increased performance on lines from say 2meg to 38meg.. Don't forget BT have been forcing the fact that they were 4x faster than sky.... If I was doing the adverts for sky I would be pushing the best speed increase for customers, the fact they dont throttle or offer speed restriction in peak times and unlimited downloads but they would need example if they were to use it. One thing is for sure unless sky put back the launch on the 12th we will all find out soon enough......
      morgee likes this.

Mattyjkuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willaston
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Post on this forum have suggested that perhaps Sky's Fibre team have been looking to connect one or two people to each exchange that can support SBUF.

If someone else has already been connected in your exchange, then you will have to wait like everyone else until 12th April.
      Just to let everyone know I had my installation on Tuesday 20th and I know another member on here who is on the same exchange as me is already on Sky Fibre, so that's 2 people on the same exchange.
      NewsreadeR likes this.

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Judging by the email reply, it sounds like they intend to call all those that registered:

"Thank you for your email enquiring about Sky Broadband Fibre Unlimited.As you have registered for Sky Broadband Fibre Unlimited , you will receive a call from the concerned department if your account is eligible for the subscription."

I'm waiting...

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Who is to say that they won't when we get closer to 12th April or on the day?

Admittedly they love to advertise their TV programme line-up months in advance. Other than the announcement at the end of January, there hasn't been any official word from Sky since.

Anyone who has been following the discussions on forums like this will be aware that Fibre is coming to Sky soon.
      Be nice if they had shared the January press release with those that registered their interest. Maybe we should all get press cards instead!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      Be nice if they had shared the January press release with those that registered their interest. Maybe we should all get press cards instead!
      They did not have to give an exact date, it could have been "its almost here" build the hype? but instead how many will have moved to BT just to get fibre? Just today I saw on another thread that someone placed an order for infinity as they were not aware what sky were planning. Not everyone like us spends hours on forums lol

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hold on.. People have been getting emails back when they've registered?! Bugger.. Surely there can't be anyone else in the Wembley area interested. I never even got an automated reply to the trial registration site.

Typical. I blame someone!
      Ipster likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12