Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Like Tree15Likes

BT Update FTTC exchange list

This is a discussion on BT Update FTTC exchange list within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by JT_Mech A live exchange is one thing, a live cabinet is another! My exchange has been live ...

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: BT Update FTTC exchange list

Quote Originally Posted by JT_Mech View Post
      A live exchange is one thing, a live cabinet is another! My exchange has been live since last year but the cabinet outside my front garden has been there just as long but it's as dead as a dodo, to make things worse its live date has just gone from end of March to the end of June So close...but now so far!!!!
      Did the new cabinet have a power supply fitted to it yet? The Elgin Roadworks is a good tool to see when BT will be working in your area. In most cases BT do not need any planning consent to install boxes but often they do need to dig up to fit a power supply and they update elgin. Click future planned works, also in the impact section click minimal, and then either surch by post code or street.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipster For This Useful Post:

JT_Mech (06-05-12)

3. Advertisement
      drt1710 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange name: Ammanford Exchange code: SWADW
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Disappointed as once again the South Wales valleys get left behind, slow to get Adsl, slower to get Adsl 2, now search by postcode and find that there are NO exchanges that are Fibre enabled or have plans to be updated!!!

BTO have been working the last few days here to replace the copper cables from exchange to street cab here, why not lay the fibre while they are working here anyway in preparation for when our exchange is eventually updated? Grrrrr

Pingtest: Line Quality A: Ping 48ms: Jitter 1ms: Server 50 mi
      Connection Speed: 5184/768: Attenuation: 31.5/52: Snr: 8/7.8

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhavinshah88 View Post
      Interesting on the South Harrow one, as this was one of the areas being trialled for FTTP (by Sky anyway)

Sharrow in Sheffield

simon194 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDHAS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub with Billion 8800NL in bridge mode
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      I think BTO are in a mess to be honest, we currently have BTO engineers working in Suffolk from Southend and London so who is working in those areas? For those of us who are desperate for a fibre product only use the dates that BTO give as a guide as they often lead to dissapointment.
      They shouldn't have laid off all those engineer two years ago. It's not just Joe Public being let down there are many ISP's and businesses complaining about Openreach failing to fulfil orders on time.

Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Did the new cabinet have a power supply fitted to it yet? The Elgin Roadworks is a good tool to see when BT will be working in your area. In most cases BT do not need any planning consent to install boxes but often they do need to dig up to fit a power supply and they update elgin. Click future planned works, also in the impact section click minimal, and then either surch by post code or street.
      case and point, elgin states road works for my cabinet starting today and going on for aweek, quick walk down the road and see a workmen digging around the mains power(looks exactly like the 1 from the fttc diary on the BE wiki), and placing 2 tubes for the fibre/power to where the cabinet was marked togo.

even tho tbph theres no impact on road itself(just a van parked completely on the pavement), just wish the checkers would say something/anything about my line other then "not yet enabled" and no date, but hey it's in the pcp db..and should there be another soon?(tm)

looks like ya were bang on the money on 3 weeks behind in ipswich area btw, it's excatly 3 weeks since it was 1st sighted on elgin then disappeared

bhavinshah88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Perivale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity FTTP
      Router: TP-Link Archer C9
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      Oh, whoops!

joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Well that sucks. Up until today, and for the past few months at least, the Infinity checker has been telling me the 31st March for my exchange. Today it changed to 30th June.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlow View Post
      case and point, elgin states road works for my cabinet starting today and going on for aweek, quick walk down the road and see a workmen digging around the mains power(looks exactly like the 1 from the fttc diary on the BE wiki), and placing 2 tubes for the fibre/power to where the cabinet was marked togo.

even tho tbph theres no impact on road itself(just a van parked completely on the pavement), just wish the checkers would say something/anything about my line other then "not yet enabled" and no date, but hey it's in the pcp db..and should there be another soon?(tm)

looks like ya were bang on the money on 3 weeks behind in ipswich area btw, it's excatly 3 weeks since it was 1st sighted on elgin then disappeared
      Trust me when I say I am not one to defend BT, but I can see why they do not want to give details about estimated dates and speeds. They should only provide accurate details and at the moment they are behind so the dates would more than likley change on a weekly basis. The other thing is if they are still only connecting 100 customers per Fibre cabinet they will no doubt be wanting to give BT retail heads up first.... 100 connections between BT Retail, TalkTalk and Sky wont last long!

Alex20 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shrewsbury (WNSY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe pineapples View Post
      Well that sucks. Up until today, and for the past few months at least, the Infinity checker has been telling me the 31st March for my exchange. Today it changed to 30th June.

Same here for Shrewsbury exchange. I was really looking forward to leaving the dark ages of 2.5mbps speeds.

I actually found out it had been moved back when showing off to a friend the speeds I would be able to get on FTTC but got a nasty shock once the BT ADSL checker returned the results!

blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Finally the Horwich Exchange is on the FTTC map !! OK late 2013 but I can finally dream of my 30mb download speeds without going near to Virgin Media.
      Post Sky DLM and after some cowboy contracters and BT ruined my line quality (was 6mb pre DLM):

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast