Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky Fibre from April 12th...

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre from April 12th... within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @ gaz2810i Any FTTC provider uses the same BTO equipment from your property back to the exchange so in that ...

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre from April 12th...

@ gaz2810i

Any FTTC provider uses the same BTO equipment from your property back to the exchange so in that respect if BT Infinity is available to you then any other FTTC product is also available to you, in respect of Sky tho their FTTC product will also require the exchange to be 1 that Sky has an LLU presence in as for their current broadband unlimited or light ADSL packages with talk + Sky line rental.

So IF Infinity is avail to you and Sky broadband unlimited etc is available to you then Sky Fiber will also be available to you once its launched next month, if BT Infinity is not currently available to you then you can check your post code on the PCP document to see what BT cab your line connects to or post your post code here and someone will check it for you, this will give you an idea if your cab is planned in the current roll out.

hope this helps

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxey For This Useful Post:

gaz2810i (16-03-12)

3. Advertisement
      gaz2810i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Northolt
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD1tb box
      Thanks

Cool, I am on the Northolt exchange and Sky have sold me Sky Unlimited and BT would del me infinity. So I guess I will just make the call, after launch and upgrade from unlimited to unlimited fibre. Thanks

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,220 Times in 2,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
      I've just taken the step of cancelling my subscription to Virgin media and set up an account with SKy. I am only going to be able to get around a meg download speeds and this concerns me coming from 50 meg on cable. Have I mad the wrong choice in not delaying till Sky gets Fibre? How do I know if my area will be one of the ones that get it? If I wanted to get BT I could have Infinity, but I loath the throught of going back to BT...
      This is something that a lot of people will want to know. Rather than go through the step by step process, which could change in due course, could I refer you to the Sky Fibre FAQ thread please. You will find the links there to help you.

Sky Fibre Broadband - FAQ

(Currently FAQ #5)

In due course the process may change, but the FAQ will remain.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      I would have to be really desperate to use BT Broadband ever again!!! Years ago I had a 7mb connection and every day at 6pm till past midnight I would be lucky to get 0.5mb!!! Even cancelling the service was a nightmare. They tried everything to keep me, offering discounts and free months etc. it didn't seem to register with then that me telling them that they were throttling me to such a extent that there service was not fit for purpose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123