Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Waiting for my phone call

This is a discussion on Waiting for my phone call within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received ...

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Question Waiting for my phone call

Hi there,

I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received my phone call as others have.

My line will support Fibre (according to BT) and the exchange is supports FTTC and Sky LLU.

I recently found out that the sky fibre team are not calling people that have opted out from receiving marketing calls. The thing is, I'm not sure which settings the team is going by. On my Sky settings, I'm set up to receive info / marketing. However, when registering my interest in Sky BB Fibre, I think I Ticked the box to opt out of other marketing calls. Does anyone know if this is likely to stop the Sky BB Fibre team from contacting me?

Fibreman.

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Waiting for my phone call

Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      Hi there,

I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received my phone call as others have.

My line will support Fibre (according to BT) and the exchange is supports FTTC and Sky LLU.

I recently found out that the sky fibre team are not calling people that have opted out from receiving marketing calls. The thing is, I'm not sure which settings the team is going by. On my Sky settings, I'm set up to receive info / marketing. However, when registering my interest in Sky BB Fibre, I think I Ticked the box to opt out of other marketing calls. Does anyone know if this is likely to stop the Sky BB Fibre team from contacting me?

Fibreman.
      I think the DNC option on the fibre holding page is for general marketing rather than fibre itself. The fact you filled in the form says you are interested in their fibre product I think if they need someone in your area to trial they would contact you. If anything I would say its a sneaky way of people altering their marketing preference to allow all marketing

Thanks

I think your right (in that it was put there for general marketting options). However, I'm not sure why they have this option when registering for Sky users, given that everyone has already specified in their sky settings whether they want to receive general marketting calls. It seems like a duplicate setting and I don't know what Sky would do if the two settings are in conflict.

The Sky support guys told me that the Fibre team are not allowed to call people who have opted out from receiving marketing calls. This seems really silly to me given that people have explicitly registered to receive the info / call.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: VMG1312-B10A & Asus RT-86U with Merlin FW
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I think your right (in that it was put there for general marketting options). However, I'm not sure why they have this option when registering for Sky users, given that everyone has already specified in their sky settings whether they want to receive general marketting calls. It seems like a duplicate setting and I don't know what Sky would do if the two settings are in conflict.

The Sky support guys told me that the Fibre team are not allowed to call people who have opted out from receiving marketing calls. This seems really silly to me given that people have explicitly registered to receive the info / call.
      i agree with ipster. i opted out when completing the fibre page but i have just checked it via my sky and i was opted in on the household marketing as well as personal marketing. but as you've registered interest you may still get a call as this is what the fibre team are using
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

6. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewjr For This Useful Post:

Fibreman (03-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjr View Post
      i agree with ipster. i opted out when completing the fibre page but i have just checked it via my sky and i was opted in on the household marketing as well as personal marketing. but as you've registered interest you may still get a call as this is what the fibre team are using
      Thanks for that. I was going to ask whether you had received a call and then I saw your connection statistics, so the answer is clearly yes!

It's good to know that opting out on the registration page doesn't stop the team from contacting people, so I appreciate your response.

I wonder how many people have registered despite being opted out of marketing in their Sky account (and are unaware that they will never get a call from Sky regarding fibre).

It just seems so silly that Sky check any marketing preferences before replying to people that explicitly requested the info.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Its a typical trick a company who likes to use and sell marketing info (not saying sky sells their info). Confuse the customer who then changes their marking setting to allow it.. then you get calls trying to up sell sky sports.

Don't forget, that form can be filled in by people who are not already sky customers who do not have any general settings saved so the option for no marketing was mainly for them I would guess.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Ive missed two calls but can wait until April

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2003 View Post
      Ive missed two calls but can wait until April
      Thats tough! Did they leave a vm? I'm out at work all day and have no way of knowing if they've called unless a vim gets left. I just missed a call this morning after popping out into the garden. I hope that wasn't my chance going down the drain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Its a typical trick a company who likes to use and sell marketing info (not saying sky sells their info). Confuse the customer who then changes their marking setting to allow it.. then you get calls trying to up sell sky sports.

Don't forget, that form can be filled in by people who are not already sky customers who do not have any general settings saved so the option for no marketing was mainly for them I would guess.
      I' m not sure Sky are trying to trick their existing customers into enabling the option as they seem to be two separate options. (I am opted into marketing calls on my general account and opted out on the registration process).

However, your other point seems correct. It looks to me that Sky are using this for non-sky people, trying to get people's permission for further sales blurb/marketing calls on the core Sky products.
      Ipster likes this.

ukdarrenfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Thats tough! Did they leave a vm? I'm out at work all day and have no way of knowing if they've called unless a vim gets left. I just missed a call this morning after popping out into the garden. I hope that wasn't my chance going down the drain.
      When I had a missed call at home they didn't leave a message, but they did try me on my mobile after that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast