Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 31
    Like Tree4Likes

    Waiting for my phone call

    This is a discussion on Waiting for my phone call within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received ...

    1. #1
      Fibreman's Avatar
      Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      79
      Thanks
      6
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Question Waiting for my phone call

      Hi there,

      I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received my phone call as others have.

      My line will support Fibre (according to BT) and the exchange is supports FTTC and Sky LLU.

      I recently found out that the sky fibre team are not calling people that have opted out from receiving marketing calls. The thing is, I'm not sure which settings the team is going by. On my Sky settings, I'm set up to receive info / marketing. However, when registering my interest in Sky BB Fibre, I think I Ticked the box to opt out of other marketing calls. Does anyone know if this is likely to stop the Sky BB Fibre team from contacting me?

      Fibreman.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      Hi there,

      I had registered my interest in the Sky BB Fibre trial ages ago and have still not received my phone call as others have.

      My line will support Fibre (according to BT) and the exchange is supports FTTC and Sky LLU.

      I recently found out that the sky fibre team are not calling people that have opted out from receiving marketing calls. The thing is, I'm not sure which settings the team is going by. On my Sky settings, I'm set up to receive info / marketing. However, when registering my interest in Sky BB Fibre, I think I Ticked the box to opt out of other marketing calls. Does anyone know if this is likely to stop the Sky BB Fibre team from contacting me?

      Fibreman.
      I think the DNC option on the fibre holding page is for general marketing rather than fibre itself. The fact you filled in the form says you are interested in their fibre product I think if they need someone in your area to trial they would contact you. If anything I would say its a sneaky way of people altering their marketing preference to allow all marketing

    4. #3
      Fibreman's Avatar
      Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      79
      Thanks
      6
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      I think your right (in that it was put there for general marketting options). However, I'm not sure why they have this option when registering for Sky users, given that everyone has already specified in their sky settings whether they want to receive general marketting calls. It seems like a duplicate setting and I don't know what Sky would do if the two settings are in conflict.

      The Sky support guys told me that the Fibre team are not allowed to call people who have opted out from receiving marketing calls. This seems really silly to me given that people have explicitly registered to receive the info / call.

    5. #4
      andrewjr's Avatar
      andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: VMG1312-B10A & Asus RT-86U with Merlin FW
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      1,249
      Thanks
      28
      Thanked 144 Times in 110 Posts

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      I think your right (in that it was put there for general marketting options). However, I'm not sure why they have this option when registering for Sky users, given that everyone has already specified in their sky settings whether they want to receive general marketting calls. It seems like a duplicate setting and I don't know what Sky would do if the two settings are in conflict.

      The Sky support guys told me that the Fibre team are not allowed to call people who have opted out from receiving marketing calls. This seems really silly to me given that people have explicitly registered to receive the info / call.
      i agree with ipster. i opted out when completing the fibre page but i have just checked it via my sky and i was opted in on the household marketing as well as personal marketing. but as you've registered interest you may still get a call as this is what the fibre team are using
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

      Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298


    6. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewjr For This Useful Post:

      Fibreman (03-03-12)

    7. #5
      Fibreman's Avatar
      Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      79
      Thanks
      6
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by andrewjr View Post
      i agree with ipster. i opted out when completing the fibre page but i have just checked it via my sky and i was opted in on the household marketing as well as personal marketing. but as you've registered interest you may still get a call as this is what the fibre team are using
      Thanks for that. I was going to ask whether you had received a call and then I saw your connection statistics, so the answer is clearly yes!

      It's good to know that opting out on the registration page doesn't stop the team from contacting people, so I appreciate your response.

      I wonder how many people have registered despite being opted out of marketing in their Sky account (and are unaware that they will never get a call from Sky regarding fibre).

      It just seems so silly that Sky check any marketing preferences before replying to people that explicitly requested the info.

    8. #6
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Its a typical trick a company who likes to use and sell marketing info (not saying sky sells their info). Confuse the customer who then changes their marking setting to allow it.. then you get calls trying to up sell sky sports.

      Don't forget, that form can be filled in by people who are not already sky customers who do not have any general settings saved so the option for no marketing was mainly for them I would guess.

    9. #7
      Paul2003's Avatar
      Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      452
      Thanks
      70
      Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Ive missed two calls but can wait until April

    10. #8
      Fibreman's Avatar
      Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      79
      Thanks
      6
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by Paul2003 View Post
      Ive missed two calls but can wait until April
      Thats tough! Did they leave a vm? I'm out at work all day and have no way of knowing if they've called unless a vim gets left. I just missed a call this morning after popping out into the garden. I hope that wasn't my chance going down the drain.

    11. #9
      Fibreman's Avatar
      Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      79
      Thanks
      6
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Its a typical trick a company who likes to use and sell marketing info (not saying sky sells their info). Confuse the customer who then changes their marking setting to allow it.. then you get calls trying to up sell sky sports.

      Don't forget, that form can be filled in by people who are not already sky customers who do not have any general settings saved so the option for no marketing was mainly for them I would guess.
      I' m not sure Sky are trying to trick their existing customers into enabling the option as they seem to be two separate options. (I am opted into marketing calls on my general account and opted out on the registration process).

      However, your other point seems correct. It looks to me that Sky are using this for non-sky people, trying to get people's permission for further sales blurb/marketing calls on the core Sky products.
      Ipster likes this.

    12. #10
      ukdarrenfan's Avatar
      ukdarrenfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      59
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Waiting for my phone call

      Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      Thats tough! Did they leave a vm? I'm out at work all day and have no way of knowing if they've called unless a vim gets left. I just missed a call this morning after popping out into the garden. I hope that wasn't my chance going down the drain.
      When I had a missed call at home they didn't leave a message, but they did try me on my mobile after that.

     

     
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION