Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: What is your current Broadband Status

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Poll: Your sky experience

This is a discussion on Poll: Your sky experience within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered Sky on the 15th Nov, when talking to Sky sales about their broadband packages before i ordered i ...

ononotagain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Poll: Your sky experience

I ordered Sky on the 15th Nov, when talking to Sky sales about their broadband packages before i ordered i was told what a wonderful company sky was and that they had been at the forefront of innovative technology for years bla bla etc.
      I ordered Sky connect as it's all i can have apparently.

My line was supposed to be activated yesterday 28th Nov, I still have no router (they said that would be sent out when i ordered) After repeated phonecalls i have had various answers. Three times i have been told the router is on it's way. four times i have been told the router will be sent out 5/7 days after activation.

Yesterday i finally got an apology...............

Thanks for contacting Sky Broadband.
      After checking your account I can confirm that your broadband activation date is 28 November 2007. I offer my apologies for any delays incurred and this was due to your first order being rejected due to problem with the Mac code.

Your Router will be with you between 3-5 days from today.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need further help or information, please reply to this email or contact us on 08705 515 515.

The Migration Authorisation Code was input wrongly by them not me.
      Why was i told that the router would be sent out when i ordered, not after my activation date (what madness)?
      Why are they insisting on off loading a near obsolete router on customers?
      i can pick these up for a few quid now, in fact i have a spare unused one.

I have had no confirmation of anything, i assume all this is the way sky providing free broadband to some whilst ripping of others to pay for it via support call charges.

yesterday Customer Services rang me asking how i was enjoying my sky experience?

I told him i was very happy with the Sky+ Tv but that the broadband was still not resolved. ( i had spoken with him before) He told me he would get onto it straight away and ring me back in 5mins......i am still waiting for that call 20 hrs later.

My neighbours ordered sky broadband three days after me and were told (after ordering) not to expect a connection before Christmas.

What is going on at Sky..why do the blatantly lie?

Do they think treating customers with contempt is the way forward?

2. Advertisement
      pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have been with Sky Broadband 14 months,Router delivered before Activation date.For the 1st --12months I was on `CONNECT`now last 2months been put on `MID`,because my Local Exch is now equipped with Sky LLU.How can you beat this, for 5 per month,I live 1.25 miles from Telephone Exchange and get a regular speed of 6.7 mbps.So I think once installed correctly, you never have to call Sky Helpdesk apart from recent change to Sky Email/google.The Technical Dept is not very good,try to work any problems out yourself.

ononotagain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pntalbot8 View Post
      I have been with Sky Broadband 14 months,Router delivered before Activation date.For the 1st --12months I was on `CONNECT`now last 2months been put on `MID`,because my Local Exch is now equipped with Sky LLU.How can you beat this, for 5 per month,I live 1.25 miles from Telephone Exchange and get a regular speed of 6.7 mbps.So I think once installed correctly, you never have to call Sky Helpdesk apart from recent change to Sky Email/google.The Technical Dept is not very good,try to work any problems out yourself.
      How can i work out a problem if i don't have anything to work on? No information, no confirmation letter, no router, no connection number, no software (not that i want or need it)

With my current provider all i had to do was to put in the connection number, the rest was done automatically by the router!

No software needed, can use any router!

The only problem with my provider "Nildram" is that they have been taken over by Tiscali. I am getting out before Tiscali messes up a great service.

pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hope this helps.
      Before Activation Date I got letter from Sky stating my Username/Password & email address.The Router came with a Disc and Help booklet. On Activation date all I did was put Disc in Computer,it was so easy I was Online within 5 mins.
      What I don`t like, is when you to ring the Helpdesk, this happened recently due to new Sky Email portal,during the day, calling the 08702 40 40 40 number, is expensive by the minute and some of the people who answer you, I can`t understand,because they come from Foreign Shores.I think you get better info from this Forum.

bigmike20vt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01440
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk Fibre
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

very good point that you get unfair proportion of people with probs on here, that was how i found this site!.

i havent voted as there isnt actually one for me..... if i had stuck with the sky T&C's i suspect i would have been bad conection unresolved.

as it is, i am running ok. the router they supplied would NEVER last more than a few hours without needing a reboot.

am sure my crappy phone line is part of the problem but the facty remains i had no issues with other isp, and its far far improved now using my old dlink wireless router.

still needs a reboot every now and then mind.
      Fiat Coupe. Gone but not forgotten

Biggles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01582
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Poll: Your sky experience

I have the "mid" package and it is so slow. I have stopped putting my items on ebay because it takes nearly a minute to go from one page to another,and as anybody who has been on ebay knows, you have to check loads of pages before you put an item on (to check out other prices etc etc). This must be the worlds worst broadband, they should pay us to use this total rubbish!

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Due to the fact that the person we ordered broadband with made a mistake and then they cancelled our broadband we were stuck for 9 weeks in the "pending cancellation" even though BT had moved us over to Sky.

Then when the 1st router went bang and died the CST couldn't understand what our problem was and made us go through the whole script of faults, go to www..... .

To be honest Sky have better customer service than NTL and BT had when I had to deal with them but that is not saying much, there are good reps out there but Sky still need to resolve problems they have with their systems and training people.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

trebor4460 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

5000 kbps on my old isp, switched to sky because i took a tv and broadband package, speed i get with sky? 1500 mbps, tops, usualy 1000kbps, rubbish, cant even watch youtube without constant buffering.
      sky tech support? rubbish as well. one tells me my line is capped, another says it aint capped, another says thats as good as my line is capable of, yeh right. instead of helping these guys just want to fob you off. enough said about this shower.

top it off they double the price for my broadband in feb, lucky for me my contract is up in a few weeks and i am off to O2, lets hope they are more efficient with giving out the mac codes..
      Last edited by trebor4460; 18-01-09 at 10:30 AM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

All connected as advised and on time, great speed 16Mb down, max delays changed when requested via KANA form (although they did cap my line when they did this to be safe, I got that removed with a quick call and have never had any issues).

Been with them for over a year now!

10 per month, SUPERB

Jon123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connected now, and hope I never have a problem again wit the useless support you pretend to offer.

To investigate a problem with the cheap router you send out I was slowed down to 128kb to investigate. It turned out to be the router but too you weeks to turn it back up to the proper speed.

I had to make constant calls several a day for over a week to be told yes I was only on 128 but only the next level of support could help with that, but you would not put me through to them due to the massive queus you had so would have to keep phoning.

I gave up calling eventually and after about 3 weeks you finally did something about it.

I also was charged the full amount for this time of a worthless connection.

Today I received your offer of extra support for 9.99removed. You support is a joke and you want me to pay you for this kind of service
      Last edited by reddwarfcrew; 31-05-09 at 01:14 AM. Reason: inapproiate language removed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast