Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: What is your current Broadband Status

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Poll: Your sky experience

This is a discussion on Poll: Your sky experience within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; To be fair focus groups aren't that new, but my methods of recruitment aren't MRS compliant, neither is the level ...

blzbob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Poll: Your sky experience

To be fair focus groups aren't that new, but my methods of recruitment aren't MRS compliant, neither is the level of alcohol being consumed during research with 3 of them or my general influence within the group, it could be that my questions like " haven't sky gone downhill" are misleading.

The point was whilst this website is self selecting, alternative dodgy methods of research also signal there may be a problem with sky vs other providers in terms of quality of product (but 4 out of 4 of with setup/ customer service issues and product problems, 1 still awaiting setup, 1 of which appears to have been solved with help from this site (the unofficial hacking of the router), 1 has left after hours of hell trying to sort it out and they still haven't removed whatever rubbish they have on his line, and then there is just me)

Even good research that randomly asks if people have a problem is self selecting as only certain people respond to surveys, the people who fill in surveys can then change behaviour which messes up the sample. The best way to get the answer is for sky to physically monitor lines and publish results on a sample, I somehow doubt they would do this at the moment.

2. Advertisement
      philthunder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: romford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

For my penny worth I was with BT and they were ok, I moved to Pipex 2M and they were good but then moved to F2S 8M who were cheaper and excellent, but then I thought Sky 8M at a low price why not. 3 weeks to disconnect and 3 more to reconnect F2S were LLU. I was nearly in remission over the wait. I am now connected since November but the connection at near 6M slows down after an hour connected and sometimes ends up at 64K or slower, if I disconnect the modem it goes back up. After endless calls to SKY and a new modem, they insist they only support XP home edition and I have Professional. Also I still dont have a password for the email, the one that tells me conditions of use you know "We dont support XP proffesional"! At this point in time I am concerned that I will be stuck with the dam thing for a year, the last time I phoned I was on the line for 65 mins. I cant hold out much longer, I am now hoping someone here will have an answer.
      Phil

iannufc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Jarrow (NEJW)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Another category valid for this Poll would be "On Connect, waiting to be unbundled"

That's what I would have went for. Although I have never had any problems, either.

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philthunder View Post
      I cant hold out much longer, I am now hoping someone here will have an answer.
      Phil
      Phil it is quite easy for your post to be missed on this thread. I suggest you repost the entire message in the Technical help forum. There are many experts there who will help

My Sky BB Max. FRB
      Fast, Reliable, Bargain.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@philthunder

Please see my response in the thread you started on this issue.

marcos the black is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Disconnected from old supplier (ZEN), no router. Finally got a router and still couldn't connect. Finally connected, which has lasted about 4 months and now it's goosed again! I've now had no internet for almost 2 weeks and trying to get info from sky is like pulling teeth.
      If you buy something it has to be fit for purpose, could this be used to get out of the years contract without having to pay up for the year?

philthunder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: romford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks to all the replies, I did a more comprehensive post in the technical section and I am busy trying the various settings.
      As to Brentwood my BT line has been quite stable over 2 years but the line does go noisy at times and drops the connection after some BT investigation it goes back to normal.
      Phil

guy2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my sky experience is the worst experience i have ever had in a service industry.... and it shows no signs of changing.... i am at my wits end....

i have been trying to get a modem - that is all i need - my line is active - since november last year.... not only have i not got one - sky cannot tell me when i will.... i am trapped in what they call a data fix issue - and have been for 7 weeks now, with no end in site.

I also read how difficult it is to cancel - or i would have.... i have been driven totally insane - and i detest sky.... i tell everyone i know not to touch them with a ten foot pole.

micaab is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0203
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Poll: Your sky experience

installation/activation was very fast and service have been perfect (so far)

AB

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Before I go back and read your epic, can I point out that the service is not "ours", we are in no way associated with, and are totallty indepedant of SKY!
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast