Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Mid/Everyday Monthly Usage stats from Sky

This is a discussion on Mid/Everyday Monthly Usage stats from Sky within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; in the letter sky sent out in march about price increases it said the discount on bb packages would stay ...

andykate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crossgates,leeds
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Mid/Everyday Monthly Usage stats from Sky

in the letter sky sent out in march about price increases it said the discount on bb packages would stay the same until jan 2010.it didnt say it was going up but by mentioning that date they must have some change in mind....
      KEEP ON KEEPING ON
      checking punctuation

2. Advertisement
      andymoo7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Moved to Virgin
      Sky TV: gone to V+
      Thanks

This is taken directly from the terms & conditions section of Sky's website

"However, if we reduce the level of service provided by your chosen product and you reasonably consider that you have been disadvantaged by this you may move to another product or end your contract"

I'll be ending my contract!

My broadband was activated on 28th May, I chose broadband mid as the lowest package had a 2Gb monthly cap. The speed I'm getting is around 2Mb now - it was around 200Kb when it first went online though!

I was disgusted that after I signed up for a deal with Sky to allow me 40Gb per month, less than 30 days later they cap me at 10Gb.

I will be cancelling TV, Phone and broadband and I'm heading off to Virgin.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andymoo7 View Post
      I will be cancelling TV, Phone and broadband and I'm heading off to Virgin.
      Be aware that above only applies to your Broadband contract.

Exchange:
      Thanks

At the time I negotiated my package it was for TV, Phone and Broadband from a single supplier, it has been Sky that has reneged on the deal.

I appreciate your concerns, but at the time the deal was made there was no mention of multiple contracts, and for them to change the level of service within 30 days of the start of that service is, in my opinion a breach of that contract.

I'll post again with details of how I get on.

Exchange:
      Thanks

You were right neilmcl, they ignored my request to cancel the whole lot and only cancelled the broadband.

I called them back today and pointed out that my letter indicated that I was cancelling the whole lot and that I have now cancelled my direct debit. Furthermore, I also told them that I hold them responsible for the cancellation of the contract as they reneged on the original deal.

Apparently someone is due to call be from the mysterious and uncontactable 'Customer Relations' within 24 hours.

In the meantime I've contacted trading standards org to report Sky's underhanded and blatantly false advertising that got me to sign up just over a month ago.

I'm more than willing to stick to my guns and refuse to pay any early termination fees - watch this space to find out what happens next!

KieranA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Whack out the Freedom of Information Act, if it's information they're keeping alongside your data then you can get it, for a small fee, but you can still get it.

Freedom of Information Act 2000 (c. 36)

I believe that's the link.

Myrtle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andymoo7 View Post
      You were right neilmcl, they ignored my request to cancel the whole lot and only cancelled the broadband.

I called them back today and pointed out that my letter indicated that I was cancelling the whole lot and that I have now cancelled my direct debit. Furthermore, I also told them that I hold them responsible for the cancellation of the contract as they reneged on the original deal.

Apparently someone is due to call be from the mysterious and uncontactable 'Customer Relations' within 24 hours.

In the meantime I've contacted trading standards org to report Sky's underhanded and blatantly false advertising that got me to sign up just over a month ago.

I'm more than willing to stick to my guns and refuse to pay any early termination fees - watch this space to find out what happens next!
      I'm interested to see what happens with this as I'm in a similar situation.

I wanted to change BB supplier in March (was previously with Demon) and with the sky deal I could get tv and broadband for the same price I had been paying with Demon, plus my phone would be cheaper too. I took the whole package on the strength of the broadband. I'm fuming about the slash of the usage limit (not least because they had the nerve to say it was an improvement).

I rang Sky cancellations last week to check my options and he said they would probably let me cancel the whole lot but that I had to write in, snail mail to cancel. I think I'll give it a go, because even if I don't go over the 10MB limit I don't want to be with a company that are so underhand. (And it's not like there's ever anything on the telly anyway! )

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

(And it's not like there's ever anything on the telly anyway! )
      What!!! with England about to win their first Test at Lords for God knows how many years.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      What!!! with England about to win their first Test at Lords for God knows how many years.
      Day 4 Bad Light Stopped Play - Starting to wonder about whether or not that will happen now actually...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Thanks

UPDATE!

I have now managed to cancel all services from Sky - and got a refund to boot!
      Sky finally relented and agreed that they miss-sold the contract. The engineer called round last week to collect the sky TV box - he wasn't interested in the wifi modem.

It only took 4 letters and about 17 phonecalls.

I eventually stopped calling them - you won't get anywhere with them over the phone. Customer Relations is the only department that has authorisation to do cancellations when you're still within the initial 12 months of the contract. NO ONE will put you through to this department over the phone - you'll have to write.

I'm now with Virgin and have gloriously fast 10mb broadband (uncapped), TV (base package with a V+box) and a telephone - all for 31 pcm. Much better value

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast