Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What exactly is '21CN'?

This is a discussion on What exactly is '21CN'? within the Sky Broadband exchange information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Your correct, You need a brandnew upgrade. The engineer at the least should have replaced the old nte5 with a ...

unity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wigan
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: What exactly is '21CN'?

Your correct, You need a brandnew upgrade. The engineer at the least should have replaced the old nte5 with a new one. At the moment you do not have the facility to diconnect your extention wireing. That is totaly out of order and needs addressing. You will have corosion in all of those boxes. That is why the wires snapped when he touched them. ( h.r. dis ) high resistance disconnections, not good on any line.

2. Advertisement
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
      Your correct, You need a brandnew upgrade. The engineer at the least should have replaced the old nte5 with a new one. At the moment you do not have the facility to diconnect your extention wireing. That is totaly out of order and needs addressing. You will have corosion in all of those boxes. That is why the wires snapped when he touched them. ( h.r. dis ) high resistance disconnections, not good on any line.
      Why, thank you!! See! I'm right again, I should change my name to "Mr Right" because I'm always right (sorry, I didn't mean to be big headed), but I can't help it.

Also, you're right as well, it is totally out of order, I'm definitely 100% agree with you on that one, even that's what I trying to say to BT fault dept as well, I don't a standard BT Master socket with a test socket facility, instead I have one of the old fashion boxes. But I don't understand with them, I mean what is their problem? Before the was no phone line when my dad bought this house, so, my dad ordered BT Engineers to install BT phone line in 1973, paid for the whole phone line installment and line rental, and the BT account is in my dad's name all this time and now, still in my dad's name, which he is disabled as well, he's going to be 68 years old this year, and he can't even walk, as have operation on both his knees, and the operation on his knees has made ten times more worst than as before. Always spending around 100 - 200 for every 3 months in the past because my mum and other 2 older brothers use the phone a lot. What more they want? More MONEY?? Until last year May, I find a way of saving quite a lot of money, as I'm paying only 31.72 for 3 months including 6 chargeable calls.

I think the whole phone wiring is totally write-off, probably the whole wiring is full of corosion from top to bottom!!! Plus, it was done in a cowboy style (shoddy job) in the first place, I bet they are bogus BT Engineers who done the phone wiring!! I don't know what else to do, but I'm very annoyed with BT, as they don't want to do the work, always come up with stupid excuses to avoid them from doing the whole phone wiring work in my parent's house, the same with the builders, the people from the council always bring different people to check out how big the damage is, then they send the bill to my dad to pay for them when the building work has not yet started!! I say this country is one a big joke, always coming up with different kind of schemes of getting more money out of us for nothing! Well, they're wrong, think again!!
      Last edited by jonathanen; 01-04-08 at 03:59 PM.

unity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wigan
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

jonathanen, all you have to do is to ring your sevice provider and tell them that the wires going to your socket are exposed and look dangerous. As soon as you mention dangerous, they will have to send an engineer out to put it right. Tell him that you have been asked to take photographs of the damage, and then photographs after the engineer has finished his work. This should make them do a quality job. Sorry to hear about your fathers ill helth. My father is the same. Just had a knee replacement, his second. And after 2 months he still cant move it properly. I wish i could do the job for you, but i live too far away from you, sorry. Hope you get it sorted, All the best mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12