Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

how to activate anytime +

This is a discussion on how to activate anytime + within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I received my on demand connector yesterday and want to start using it but I don't know how, I have ...

iiPorcelian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY BROADBAND
      Router: BT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

how to activate anytime +

I received my on demand connector yesterday and want to start using it but I don't know how, I have an BT infinity broadband connection. I have read that you have to activate sky anytime plus but how do I do that ?? Also since my broadband doesn't have an wps button it said to put in my password but it fails
      Is that because sky anytime plus isn't activated ??

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: how to activate anytime +

Go to the sky website and log in to "My Sky".
      Click on "View your package" and check under "TV Package Extras" that there is a tick (not a plus sign) next to "On Demand".
      If not then you should follow the link to sign up to On Demand which is the new name for Anytime plus.

As for entering your password using the Sky remote, it can be tricky as the character you enter changes to an asterisk before you can enter the next character.
      Pay attention as you enter the password and ensure that when entering letters you use the correct case. Repeated presses of the numerical buttons cycle through upper case number and lower case though not sure whether I have got that in the correct order. If all else fails, as a temporary measure simplify you router's wifi password and try reentering that from your remote.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Anytime+ is the old name for what is now known as Catch Up TV and On Demand.

You shouldn't need to do anything more than connect the Wireless connector to your router. Use the supplied instructions for this.

To see if it is all working try this:

Using your Sky remote control press <TV Guide> <Red>

You should now see the following tabs: Showcase, Catch Up, Movies and Sky Store.

Navigate to the Catch Up tab and select something to download from one of the terrestrial channels.

If you do not see the above, could you let us know which specific Wireless adaptor you have (i.e. Mini Wireless Adaptor) and let us know what it says in the 'Network' settings. This can be accessed quickly by pressing <Services> 0 5 on your Sky remote.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

iiPorcelian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY BROADBAND
      Router: BT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Go to the sky website and log in to "My Sky".
      Click on "View your package" and check under "TV Package Extras" that there is a tick (not a plus sign) next to "On Demand".
      If not then you should follow the link to sign up to On Demand which is the new name for Anytime plus.

As for entering your password using the Sky remote, it can be tricky as the character you enter changes to an asterisk before you can enter the next character.
      Pay attention as you enter the password and ensure that when entering letters you use the correct case. Repeated presses of the numerical buttons cycle through upper case number and lower case though not sure whether I have got that in the correct order. If all else fails, as a temporary measure simplify you router's wifi password and try reentering that from your remote.

I checked the package and there is tick next to demand, as for the password thing the password doesn't change to an asterisk it just stays so i can see it just getting fustrated at it now

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused doesn't the mini wireless adaptor go into my sky box or do i connect it to my router :S

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

You physically plug the Mini Wireless connector into the rear USB port in your Sky+ HD STB.

You will then need to connect it to your router using the WiFi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      You physically plug the Mini Wireless connector into the rear USB port in your Sky+ HD STB.

You will then need to connect it to your router using the WiFi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
      There are "issues" with some customers BT "Home Hubs" where the hub filters out the Sky on-demand service from the internal (within the property) network connection.

This thread has some help about what causes some of these issues on some 3rd party routers (BT and others).

I wouldn't know this but I had some customers recently with BT Hub v3 & v4 who's on-demand wasn't working.
      I referred them to this post/similar threads on Sky.com Help Forum and when I called them back the following week this had fixed the issues.

So If you get the following on Network page from Settings Tab on your Sky+HD box:

Connection to Router OK

Connection to On Demand Fail

IP address of box 192.168.0.XXX (this can be whatever your network is setup to be)

DHCP ON (this can be OFF but that's probably too technical for people on this kind of thread)

If you get this then you should call your internet provider (make sure you have re-booted devices first), NOT Sky as it is likely to be a router issue not anything wrong with the box.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegun For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (01-03-14)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

DHCP ON (this can be OFF but that's probably too technical for people on this kind of thread)
      If the box is set to obtain an IP address automatically it will show as ON. If you set the boxes address manually, it will show as OFF.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.