Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

anytime + belkin router not connecting

This is a discussion on anytime + belkin router not connecting within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi everyone , im new to this forum and have an issue with sky anytime + . I changed my ...

dbd85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin media
      Router: belkin n600
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

anytime + belkin router not connecting

Hi everyone , im new to this forum and have an issue with sky anytime + .

I changed my router to a belkin n600 model: f9k1102v1 and since then ive been unable to acces sky anytime + ( it worked fine before the change of router )

The router connects to the internet so i can browse with no issues at all , but when i try to connect it to the anytime + wirelessly using the sky wireless box it says local connection 'ok' service connection 'fail' .

Ive called sky and they couldn't help because it's a belkin router and i called belkin and they didn't even know what sky was so trying to explain the issue with sky anytime + was a frustrating process. ive restarted and reset sky and the router but that hasnt helped .

(my internet provider is virgin media)

Any advice or help would be hugely appreciated as im at a dead end

Thank you in advance

Dan

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: anytime + belkin router not connecting

Did you reset the wireless box and set it up for the new router?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Did you reset the wireless box and set it up for the new router?

Yes, i reset the wireless box and still didnt help.

Thanks

Unplug the wireless sender from the STB and reset it by pushing a pin in the reset hole and holding it there for 10 seconds, then switch the power to it off.. Put the STB into Standby, then switch the power Off. Wait 5 minutes and plug the wireless sender in but don't power it on yet, then switch the STB on. Wait a few minutes then press the Sky button to switch fully on. When the box is up and running, switch on the power to the wireless sender. You should now be able to go through the set up procedure.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

i just tried doing what u suggested and again had no luck it still says local connection ok and service connection fail. i think its a problem with my routers settings because it was fine until i changed routers. but i have no idea what settings it would be or how to change it. my internet works fine and the sky wireless box has the wireless light on so its also recieving the signal just stuck on how to fix it. i really appreiciate the help though.

Thanks

One thing that can stop a router connecting is the encapsulation, some find they must change from VC to LLC, but as this is an ADSL setting it will not apply to you on Cable. The only thing I can think of with a Cable router is that it is being blocked by the firewall. Do you have UPnP enabled in the router?

The only other thing I can suggest is that you try reserving the IP address of the STB in the router reservation list. When you have done that put the IP in the DMZ of the router, restart the STB and see if it connects.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

i called virgin yesterday and they have sent me out a virgin media hub ive connected that today and anytime connects fine now . so ive given up on the belkin. p.s belkins customer service was terrible. thanks for replying and thanks for ur help .