Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anytime + and on demand / do they periodically push a selection of programmes/or only what you

This is a discussion on Anytime + and on demand / do they periodically push a selection of programmes/or only what you within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi Guys Could someone please shed some light. About 2 years ago I had anytime enabled, which I turned off ...

ancient is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Anytime + and on demand / do they periodically push a selection of programmes/or only what you

Hi Guys

Could someone please shed some light.

About 2 years ago I had anytime enabled, which I turned off in the end, once I found that it periodically downloaded a selection
      of shows onto the reserved portion of the hard drive.

I am now wondering if the new Anytime +/on demand is still the same ?

What I would prefer is for no random programmes to be downloaded, rather only shows that I choose.
      Is this how it works now ?

What is the difference between anytime + and on demand

Thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Anytime + and on demand / do they periodically push a selection of programmes/or only what

The Anytime section, now called Showcase, is filled by automatic downloads from the satellite and is saved in the portion of your HDD reserved for this. You cannot choose what comes down, you can only turn it on or off. Turning it off does not free any of your disk space.

Anytime+ and OnDemand are virtually the same, although Ondemand has more available and in addition has access to iPlayers.. Contents must be downloaded over the internet and are saved to your planner section of the disk.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

ancient (18-11-12)