Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky On Demand without broadband..

This is a discussion on Sky On Demand without broadband.. within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Originally Posted by Isitme Wow, that is really fast. but I expect you mean 1.5 and 2 Mb. With my ...

stuarttunstall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky On Demand without broadband..

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Wow, that is really fast. but I expect you mean 1.5 and 2 Mb.

With my 10 Mb connection I find I can watch SD after 15-20 seconds, HD a bit longer. With only 2 Mb I think you will struggle to watch as it is downloading, you will have to wait till it is available in your planner. This is no bad thing as it means you will suffer no buffering at all. Something which even the fastest connection can suffer from.

When I disconnect the internet, the only tabs I have with anything in them are All, Sky Store, Movies, Entertainment and Documentaries. There is nothing available in the rest of them, you will only see something in them when it is available. Just depends on what Sky download to your box.
      Whoops....

I live at the end of a very long telephone line, so 1.5-2 is good I suppose...

Do they only download when the box is off? only reason I ask, I switched n demand off and back on again to clear all the programs to see if it filled up any better, then did a planner rebuild, that was on Thursday evening.. so far I have 3 programs .. does this sound right?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

The Showcase content will be recorded at various times of the day, but enabled at a specific time/date. Typically some content is made available on a Monday morning, but other items could be made available after the TV show is first broadcast.

As it is aired on a specific channel, and someone could well be recording one channel, whilst watching another, the content is often repeated at different times to ensure that almost everyone gets a copy of it.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So 3 items in almost 2 days seems to be "as it should".. If I remember correct under the old anytime it seemed to fill quicker.. .may be wrong though

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I would think you should have more than that. Are you putting the box into full Standby? If so that may be the prroblem, in that mode the box will do nothing, no updates, no showcase downloads or anything the box does in the background when it is in normal Standby.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I would think you should have more than that. Are you putting the box into full Standby? If so that may be the prroblem, in that mode the box will do nothing, no updates, no showcase downloads or anything the box does in the background when it is in normal Standby.
      No, just normal standby....

I still only have 3 programs...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I wonder if your box may be going into full standby automatically? It shouldn't do unless you actually key it in, but there may be a glitch with your box. Just as a check, can you try recording something well outside the hours you normally use the box, say between 4 and 5 in the morning. If it records, OK, if it fails then that is what is happening.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wonder if your box may be going into full standby automatically? It shouldn't do unless you actually key it in, but there may be a glitch with your box. Just as a check, can you try recording something well outside the hours you normally use the box, say between 4 and 5 in the morning. If it records, OK, if it fails then that is what is happening.
      I will try that... I don't think it is, the light is amber... i think that is what it supposed to be, when I go to bed, and the same when I get up... I know it takes longer to come out of standby when it is in full standby..

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky On Demand without broadband..

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      The 2tb box is awesome I got the wireless connector as well but not set it up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have now connected the wireless connector and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12